smokeashes

a great exfoliator for oily, acne prone skin.

(0) Hearts

i need a new scrub for oily, acne prone skin. it would be great if it also helps with acne hyperpigmentation.

mangosong

Re: a great exfoliator for oily, acne prone skin.

(0) Hearts

I also use Clinique exfoliating scrub. Love it. 

babybear04

(0) Hearts

Philosophy's Microdelivery cleanser is great!  Although it says its gentle enough for everyday cleansing use, i use it soley for exfoliation a few times a week.  What I love about it is that the exfoliating beads aren't too harsh, big, or aggresive on my skin.  Also, the formula itself feels very lightweight and rinses clean with no grainy residue left behind!  Also, it doesn't really have much of a smell to it, which is nice for some people who are sensitive to fragrance.  But in retrospect, it does a great job at scrubbing away my dead skin cells and leaving my face feel very smooth and clean!  Also, it doesn't seem to cause any breakouts for me which is a plus!  I've searched and searched for great scrubs (I used St. Ives Apricot scrub for years) and couldn't figure out why my face kept breaking out after I'd give my face the run-through but I've figured out that the scrubbing beads in that were too aggresive on my skin causing the acne/pores to tear open, therefore causing more bacteria and what not.

I think looking for a lightweight, gentle scrub is your best bet and philosophy has done just that for me!  Best of luck!

ksims

(0) Hearts

I would also have to agree about Clinique's Exfoliating Scrub. I have sensitive, oily, acne-prone skin and it works great for me.  I use it 2-3 times a week and my face is so smooth and soft afterwards and it never irritates my skin or makes me breakout.

missjr

(0) Hearts

Good morning, Smokeashes!

I find that the Clinique Exfoliating Scrub is the best manual scrub that I've ever used.  It's gentle but very effective in smoothing away flakiness and giving me a smoothier, brighter and more even complexion.  I would highly recommend this product and at $18.50 it's an excellent bargain.

BeautyJunkie325

(0) Hearts

I'm with Beauty Master.  I love the Clinique's exfoliating scrub.  I have oily skin but it is also on the sensitive side.  Since the scrub has a finer grain it doesn't irritate my skin like a traditional scrub.  I use it every few days in the shower and love the way my skin feels.

iheartsephora09

(0) Hearts
I swear by Philosopy's Microdelivery. I use it everyday. Followed by a good surem with a great Vitamin C base, works perfect for me!
ChicDabbler

I love Clinique exfoliating scrub. It's a thick paste so it won't fall off or dissappear on your face. The granule are much smaller than drugstore kind so they exfoliate instead of scratches your face, and the price is much cheaper than the high-end stuff. It's great for oily and acne skin. As for hyperpigmentation, peel, serum or moisturizer will help more with it than scrub or cleanser can.

smokeashes

(0) Hearts

thank you :smileyhappy: i was thinking about getting the clinique one.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 heart
  • 8 in conversation
    • mangosong
    • iheartsephora09
    • ksims
    • ChicDabbler
    • missjr
    • smokeashes