beautylover005

The best moisturizer for oily / combo and easily breaks out

I need an amazing  moisturizer for oily / combo skin, easily breaks out. I have tried murad skin perfecting lotion which was ok but i feel like theres something better. i have also tried cliniques dramatiically diff. not that impressed. please help! o and i also have lots of acne scars since whenever i get a pimple now it scars :smileysad:

babybear04

Re: The best moisturizer for oily / combo and easily breaks out

(0) Hearts

I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for, but I'm going to throw it out there anyway. 

I'm like you and suffer from acne/post-acne marks, and have combination skin that leans toward the oily side.  I am very sensitive to a lot of products, especially moisturizers.  I've found that the only thing that really helps calm, even, hydrate, and regulate my skin is Josie Maran's Argan Oil.  At first, I was very hesitant to put oil on my face seeing as though I am very oily.  But it in fact does everything I mentioned before and more.  Since using it, my skin has been plumper, more even, and my breakouts have dramatically reduced.  It also helps calm inflamation from any current acne I have, and better yet this product doesn't make me oily.

I had tried dozens (what feels like hundreds) of moisturizers and this is honestly the only thing (not to mention the best) that really hydrates my skin and does everything I would hope from a moisturizer and more.

It's pretty pricey, but a regular-sized bottle has lasted me a long time and a little drop or two is really all you need!

Like I said, I'm not sure if this appeals to you at all/is what you're looking for, but I still felt inclined to share my experience!

Hope this helps and best of luck!

beautylover005

thanks so much for the suggestions everyone. 

lreagan

(0) Hearts

I also have oily combo skin and easily break out. You said you tried Murad's skin perfecting lotion, but did you make sure to buy the one specifically for oily/blemish prone skin? I only ask because that moisturizer actually helps a lot with my skin but everyone is different!

http://www.sephora.com/skin-perfecting-lotion-blemish-prone-oily-skin-P4050?skuId=654301

Another moisturizer that really helped my acne is Dr. Dennis Gross's Trifix Oil-Free Hydrating Moisturizer.

http://www.sephora.com/trifix-oil-free-hydrating-moisturizer-P291811?skuId=1357003

I also like Boscia's Revitalizing Black Hydration Gel, but it doesn't do much for acne. It's just really nice for oily skin because it's so lightweight.

http://www.sephora.com/revitalizing-black-hydration-gel-P297568?skuId=1379221

beautylovingirl

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

You could look at Dr. Dennis Gross'Hydra Pure Oil free moisturizer with chealting complex, or the Fresh Umbrian clay face lotion. Also for the treatment if your scars you could look at the Dr. Jart V7 Vitalaser 2.1   Hope this helps!

ChicDabbler

(0) Hearts

For lightweight gel moisturizers, I love Philosophy Take a Deep Breath, followed by BLISS Oxygen+C and Boscia oil-free.

beautylover005

(0) Hearts

forgot to mention with i recently got a sample of korres pom    

moisturizer, i like it but it making my forehead really oily.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • ChicDabbler
    • babybear04
    • beautylovingirl
    • lreagan
    • beautylover005