LilyBug12

Sunscreen for Oily Skin

Any one have recommendations on a good, light-weight sunscreen for daily use for oily skin? I'm open to any that may also be combination moisturizers. Currently use Clinique Moisture Surge - Love! I have tried Clinique's Moisture Surge Tinted Moisturizer with SPF 15, as well as Clinique's Moisture Surge CC Cream with SPF 30, but I don't like either one. Neither has worked for me, in part because they are tinted and I just don't like it, and in part because they make my hair line oily and I really don't like that. Help!!

mxcx

Re: Sunscreen for Oily Skin

(0) Hearts

I used to love the Shiseido Ultimate Sunscreen (http://www.sephora.com/ultimate-sun-protection-cream-broad-spectrum-spf-50-for-face-P173669) but I think they reformulated it and now it has this really obvious white cast.. If you don't mind looking a little pasty or if you're going to wear makeup on top anyway, it's still a really good sunscreen and does help mattify your skin. Also it has a super high SPF, so yay for added protection!

Another sunscreen I've been loving lately Sephora doesn't carry, and it comes from the Asian brand Missha. It's the Missha All-Around Safe Block, and it's super lightweight, helps control oil, and has really nice SPF protection. 

starletta8

I've noticed the white cast on the Shiseido myself, but since it's under the rest of my makeup it's no big deal.  Given the SPF, I'd second that recommendation!

ace2021

(0) Hearts

My favorite sunscreen for my combo skin is actually a drugstore buy! Its the Neutrogena Ulta Sheer sunscreen in SPF 55. Its great doesn't make me feel greasy and absorbs very quickly.

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

Also the Kate Somerville Protect SPF 55 serum sunscreen and the Algenist Ultra lightweight UV defense fluid SPF 55. Hope this helps!

michmo

(0) Hearts

Josie Maran Argan Daily Moisturizer SPF 40 is pretty good.  It didn't leave me feeling greasy and I thought it worked really well under makeup.  I'm going on vacation soon and this is the one I'm bringing. 

Josie Maran - Argan Daily Moisturizer SPF 40

I also have First Aid Beauty's 5 in 1 SPF 30 cream, but I think that one is a lot more moisturizing than the Josie Maran one, and sometimes can feel thick on the face.  Over all, I really like the FAB one, but if you have oily skin, I'd go for the Josie one.  

dianabt

(0) Hearts

Hi lilybug12, 

I LOVE the Murad Oil Free SPF 15 mattifier because it keeps the skin hydrated but also matte and has a sun protection and isnt too heavy.

swfupload_5922857929648766047.jpg

Another favorite is the Peter Thomas Roth Instant Mineral Powder SPF 45 which is a lightweight sheer powder that is great for mid day touchups alone or with makeup.

swfupload_3151293898876454220.jpg

if you have VERY oily skin, look at the PTR SPF 30 for Oily Problem Skin:

swfupload_1484064294935915061.jpg

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
mafan

I suggest adding something that is only a sunscreen, not trying to find a different moisturizer.

Personally, I love Clarins UV Plus HP Day Screen:

http://www.sephora.com/uv-plus-hp-day-screen-high-protection-spf-40-P282024?skuId=1312958

There are other ones out there, too.  This one is applied after your moisturizer and it takes only a thin amount for coverage.  Parts of my face can get oily and I've never felt like this made them worse.  It's not cheep, though, so you might want to try to get a sample in store.

dianabt

(0) Hearts

@mafan great suggestion, the Clarins is great and the SPF 40 is amazing for UVA and UVB protection. :smileyhappy:

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 3 hearts
  • 8 in conversation
    • dianabt
    • mafan
    • beautylovingirl
    • ace2021
    • starletta8