Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oily Skin
|

Summer foundation?

I'm trying to plan ahead for summer and I want to find a good summer foundation. I have really medium, really oily skin with yellow undertones and want to find a foundation/BB Cream/CC Cream/Tinted Moisturizer that has light-medium coverage that feels lightweight on the skin and handles the heat of the summer and my oily skin, does anyone have anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

Re: Summer foundation?

MAC recently came out with a new foundation called Next to Nothing which has beautiful light-bordering-on-medium coverage. I literally just bought it yesterday so I can't really give it my personal recommendation yet but for the one night I wore it I loved it. Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation is also a gorgeous light/mediumish foundation that's great for summer. 

Hi @LaraHill,

If you can, I'd recommend an oil controlling primer to go along with a BB cream or other face product as this helps your makeup last through heat and keep the oil at bay. (: 

CLINIQUE Acne Solutions BB Cream Broad Spectrum SPF 40 is a weightless mattifying BB cream to camouflage and hydrate. It has a non-greasy texture that eliminates shine throught the day and minimizes the look of pores. 

NARS Velvet Matte Skin Tint Broad Spectrum SPF 30 provides medium, buildable coverage and a soft-matte finish. It has an oil-free formula and transparent blurring powders to blur imperfections. 

XOXO,
Marieke

Your skincare can be causing the excess oiliness, which would need tweaked so makeup works better. When you first wake/after cleansing only how your skin feel?

I use a Juice Beauty face wash in the morning which was recommended to me by my esthetician, but after I use it, my skin feels normal. It doesn't feel dry or oily. 

I have the same concerns as @LaraHill when I wake up after cleansing, my face feels dry But even after adding make up or not adding make up it can start to get oily within half an hour! I used to use the clinique 3 step and recently switched to the Olehenriksen Balance It All Set, I have seen an improvement but not substantial. Any further suggestions?

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing