DCFoodie

Summer Oil Free Moisturizer Suggestions?

(0) Hearts

I usually use the St. Ives Collagen Elastin Facial Moisturizer and find that it works well for me in the winter.  But it's a little bit heavy for me in the summer and my skin gets on the oily side and very shiny!

Any suggestions for an affordable lightweight summer moisturizer that can go on under primer + BB cream for daily use?

beautylovingirl

Re: Summer Oil Free Moisturizer Suggestions?

(0) Hearts

You'll actually may want to use the skin perfecting lotion for oily/blemish prone skin that will lay a better path for you to put a primer on top.

lylysa

[ Edited ]

Peter Thomas Roth's Clini Matte SPF 20, helps with oil control, minimizing the appearance of pores, light weight, and gives UV protection in an oil and fragrance free formula.

Boscia's Oil Free Hydration SPF 15 is also a super light weight lotion, almost like a fluid. Though it's not heavy, I don't find this as mattifying or as oil controlling compared to the PTR one.

Murad Oil Control Mattifier SPF 15, though this formula feels a tad thicker (like paste/glue) upon initial application, work the product a bit between your fingers before applying, it's an amazing oil controlling moisturizer and a little goes a long way. Though this formula does contain oils, they are natural botanical and fruit based oils that aren't meant to clog pores/skin but rather properly condition and nourish and help with combatting the issues at hand.

Nars Aqua Gel and Philosophy's Take a Breath Oxygenating Moisturizer are also oil free and light weight. Philosophy just launched a SPF version of the Take a Breath moisturizer too.

Manda

I use the Murad Oil Control Mattifier and I love it!  I have combination skin type and yet, I find it hydrating for both my oily spots, as well as my dry spots.  It also mattifies pretty well. 

drrragon

awesome suggestions!  (taking notes for future reference :smileyvery-happy:)

lylysa

(0) Hearts

Out of the ones listed, the Murad and PTR ones are actually going to help target and mattify while the others will just feel more light weight and not make oily skin feel more oily.

The PTR one definitely feels a lot lighter than the Murad one, so it's a preference on formulation. The Murad one to me seems to be a bit more intensive as it has more ingredients to condition the skin while the PTR one just mattifies and minimizes pores. The texture for the Murad one might throw folks off because it is thicker, but if you can look past that it's a wonderful product. I do like that the PTR one has a higher SPF though.

DCFoodie

Thanks for these great suggestions!  Do you find that the Murad acts as enough of a primer alone, or do you apply primer on top of it?  I've seen people say both in the reviews, so I was curious about your take.

lylysa

(0) Hearts

I wouldn't call the Murad lotion a primer or suggest using it as a primer/in place of a primer. If you try the lotion but decide it adds enough "weight" to your skin and don't want to use a silicone/dimethicone primer over it (the kinds that feel silky and slippery), use a water based primer which won't make oily skin feel heavy (such as Korres Pomegranate Mattifying Primer or Lorac's Aqua Prime).

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 8 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • Manda
    • drrragon
    • lylysa
    • beautylovingirl
    • DCFoodie