AWest86

Skin HELP!!!

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Im in need of help figuring out what face wash regiment I need. I start out the day pretty normal but as the day goes I start to get fairly oily and by evening I have a lot of oil. I also breakout occasionally. I am currently using Clearasil Ultra Rapid Action Daily Face Wash twice a day with my Clarisonic.

I have also just started using Smashbox BB Cream. I talked with a Sephora employee who said it would help with oil but I haven't noticed a difference from the Tarte tinted moisturizer I was using before.

ChicDabbler

Re: Skin HELP!!!

Do you use a mattifying powder or primer? When I used POREfessional primer from Benefit, my skin stays matte (but not dry looking) the whole day. I usually use Clinique Stay Matte, just dust the powder on with a brush after finishing your make up and you are done for the day, can also be carried for touch-up.

I think your facewash is fine (altho personally I wouldn't recommend clarasonic twice a day, once is enough), but it is possible that you are over-cleansing so your skin is producing more oil faster to compensate.

helpful

Re: Skin HELP!!!

I would recommend switching to Purity by Philosophy paired with your Clarisonic- it gives you a gentle clean in addition to preventing excess oil production. I would also recommend adding an oil control primer- such as Givenchy's Mister Mat or the Sephora Collection primer. Finish your makeup with a spray of Urban Decay's De-Slick, it is amazing!! A must have for us oily ladies. :smileywink:

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 hearts
  • 3 in conversation
    • ChicDabbler
    • helpful
    • AWest86