hellodrd

Skin-Care Routine for Oily/Acne-Prone Skin

(0) Hearts

I'm 26, and have oily/acne-prone skin. I use Rx acne products AM & PM, and was wondering what sort of AM & PM skin-care routine I should be using as I get into my late-20s? What products do you recommend (i.e. cleanser, moisturizer)?

I currently use Purpose facial cleanser and Clinique dramatically different gel moisturizer, but wanted to find a good SPF moisturizer for oily skin. Should I be using toner? Anti-aging products? HELP!

Thanks!!!

tracygirl64

Re: Skin-Care Routine for Oily/Acne-Prone Skin

(0) Hearts

This is going to sound silly, but Josie Maran's line is great for oily/acne prone skin. I used to breakout all the time and use at least 5-6 blotting sheets a day because I was so oily. Now, my skin is more balanced and I rarely have a breakout since switching to her line...and I only need to use 2-3 blotting sheets a day now. I use Josie Maran's Argan Cleansing Oil, then follow it up with her (3 drops during the day and 5 drops at night) 100% Pure Argan Oil as my moisturizer. It cleaned out my pores and purged my skin, it took about 2-4 weeks (if I remember right.) I have been using it for 3 years now, it is great, I cannot rave about it enough! It's all natural ingredients, anti-aging and good for sensitive skin. I know it sounds crazy putting oil on oily skin, but it works and balances it out. Hope this helps. :smileyhappy:

HawaiianGlam

(0) Hearts

Pür Minerals makes a great day moisturizer with antioxidants and firming agents, it's also very hydrating. Rescue Squad DD Creme. They also make a nice night time anti-aging moisturizer called Get a Lift. 

Melyssa13

(0) Hearts

Im 23 years old but have the same problems... but now occasionally. I use the Clinique face wash and toner BUT for moisturizer I only use the Korres night time skin cream at night. I use the face wash and toner twice a day morning and night, use the cream at night. But I also use BB cream foundation instead of using my Make Up Forever HD foundation. Since I made the switch to these products my face literally cleared up within 2 weeks time. I now consider myself having combination skin. But I also think it has to do with the affect of the winter air which makes me a little dryer during this time. I have sampled Olay anti aging face washes before. I think I'll make the switch to use those products in the am. I believe that pm face washes should be exfoliators and am face washes should be more creamy because our skin needs moisturizers. I really hope this helps :smileyhappy:

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • tracygirl64
    • Melyssa13
    • hellodrd
    • HawaiianGlam