alleemichele

(Possibly) Weird Mattifier Question?

Hi everyone! I have what might be a weird (or stupid) question.

I have oily skin that's getting oiler by the day (particularly now as it's starting to get warmer in CA, where I live). I'm looking for an untinted mattifier that is stand-alone because all I wear on my face during the day is sunblock. I do NOT wear foundation, powder, concealer, BB cream, or anything. Just sunblock if I'm going outside. I've been using a sample of Dermalogica's Clearing Mattifier and so far it's all right, but I'm interested to see what else it out there since I've never actually TRIED a mattifier until this one.

So what I want is a mattifier (+10 if it also helps with acne/blackheads) that I can wear by itself or with sunblock. Any tips?

lylysa

Re: (Possibly) Weird Mattifier Question?

(0) Hearts

Just to clarify, is it a mattifying lotion that you want or just a mattifying target product?

The Murad Oil Free Mattifier discussed by Diana and Cherry is an actual lotion/moisturizer, while the products that Kiki and myself mentioned can be used under/over moisturizer and even throughout the day.

Kiki's mention of the Porefessional being thicker is true, but it's thicker in the sense of having a higher dimethicone/silicone grade, giving it a very silky/velvety texture, not a dry/thick cream texture. The Boscia treatment is an actual skin care product rather than a cosmetic product, so it works well layered directly onto bare skin/under lotion or sunscreen. I've never used that product over sunscreen or applied it multiple times a day to touch up/mattify, you might want to check in with Kiki directly and she if she has experience or knowledge of that.

I just remembered one more item too! Peter Thomas Roth's Mattifying Gel, it looks like clear aloe vera gel, but it can be applied onto bare skin or over sunblock.

cherrybombtastic

I actually love the Murad Oil Control Mattifier SPF 15 also, but just to be clear this is not oil-free. That's a misconception. It has grape seed oil in it, but incidentally it works really really well, so don't let that stop you from sampling it. Just look at the abundant positive reviews. I, too, have acne-prone skin, and this works without a problem over acne products. I hope this helps and good luck!

dianabt

Hi alleemichelle,

I actually LOVE the Murad Oil Free SPF 15 Mattifier which is a moisturizer, mattifier and sun protector all in one. It actually keeps your skin matte and blocks oil from causing breakouts or clogged pores.

Murad - Oil-Control Mattifier SPF 15

http://www.sephora.com/oil-control-mattifier-spf-15-P227801?skuId=1133727

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
Kiki1517

I swear I should be an ambassador for this product, I've been recommending it everywhere. Its a clear, lightweight gel, unlike the Porefessional which is really thick and tinted. You can actually feel your skin breathing a minute or so after applying, it's awesome. 100% recommend this!

swfupload_5240402296067105342.jpg

Here's the info from the product page:

What it is:
A treatment that reduces the appearance of pores and mattifies oil.

What it is formulated to do:
This multitasking treatment reduces the appearance of pores and controls shine. It instantly tightens pores and treats blackheads while helping both become less visible over time. This product also controls oil and shine all day, imparting skin's texture with a silky, soft-focus finish.

http://www.sephora.com/no-pores-no-shine-t-zone-treatment-P294212

lylysa

[ Edited ]

Benefit's Porefessional!

It's a pore minimizing balm that can be used to mattify skin and minimize pores on target areas or used all over (minus the lids) to prime skin underneath make up!

It's colorless and can even be tapped on top of skin that has make up on it to absorb oil and control shine!

If you want one that is silicone/dimethicone free (doesn't have that slick, slippery, silky feel), try Korres' Pomegranate Mattifying Primer, it also contains witch hazel and willow bark to keep skin and pores clear while mattifying skin. Since it's water based, it won't feel heavy on skin either.

Cover FX has their Mattifying Primer with Anti-Acne Treatment which uses salicylic acid to keep skin clear, so if you battle acne as well it could be an option for you.

bananachoox3

LOL
I was about to say those three lylysa, you read my mind. Besides the Porefessional I really like Mister Mat from Givenchy.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 6 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • cherrybombtastic
    • dianabt
    • lylysa
    • bananachoox3
    • Kiki1517
    • alleemichele