Normab2

Oily skin

(0) Hearts
I have oily skin and need something to control it and get a professional makeup look what do u recommend?
carolang

Re: Oily skin

(0) Hearts

I like the Murad SPF 15 mattifier for oil control. Depending on how oily you are though sometimes there is no good fix (I for one an extremely oily and this makes a noticeable difference, unlike most primers I have tried). Note that this product is very thick so I like to apply it immediately after moisturizer so that it is easier to blend over my face.

As for excess oil production - I have started washing my face less to prevent any over-production of oil since I do also use a lot of drying acne products. If you think this may apply to you, something that I do that makes a big difference is not washing my face in the AM. I do still clean my face - I just do not use a harsh cleanser. I either splash with water or just go straight in with a toner. I like Clinique Toner 3. That way my skin still feels clean, fresh, and prepped for application of that mornings serums, moisturizers, and make up.

http://www.sephora.com/oil-control-mattifier-spf-15-pa-P227801?skuId=1133727

andyhtrieu

Re: Oily skin

(0) Hearts

What's your current skin care routine? You might be using something that is causing more oil production or skipping out on something, which also causes more oil production. 

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 hearts
  • 3 in conversation
    • carolang
    • andyhtrieu
    • Normab2