JC1967

Oily, peeling skin

(0) Hearts

I'm looking for help on how to get rid of the peeling skin I have on my face.  I have VERY oily skin, but for some reason the skin on my nose and chin is perpetually peeling!  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

claudia2011

Re: Oily, peeling skin

(0) Hearts

A Sephora gal told me the same- you need to exfoliate.  I recently bought a product (not sold at Sephora- yikes!) that exfoliates very gently.  I find that many scrubs are too harsh for me.  This one is called Organic Mineral Peel by O.R.G and I really like it- you just spray it on in small areas of the face, let it soak in for 5 seconds or so & use your fingers or a washcloth in circular motion & gently removes dead skin cells.  I also recommend Nude skin care line- Perfect Polish- wasn't harsh at all.  I'll be purchasing this one after the org brand.  

12BPretty

(0) Hearts

I have that issue periodically.  I found exfoliating more frequently (I use Ole Henriksen Walnut Scrub a few times a week) and using a facial brush (not a clairsonic, but the same general idea) has help to cut down on how often the issue arises.

bowlofmushypeas

(0) Hearts

I have the same issue - super oily and peeling skin all at the same time. While a good moisturizer and regular exfoliation are important, the miracle product for me is jojoba oil--seriously effective and cheap! I whip this out when I start peeling and it always works within 1-2 nights. A good way to use it is to lather it on (6-10 drops) at night followed by your fave moisturizer, then blot excess after 10 minutes or so. You'll still feel a little greasy, but you're going to sleep anyways. Though I rarely need it again in the AM, you can add 2-3 drops with your moisturizer, let it absorb, and blot excess. I love it! 

ChicDabbler

(0) Hearts

Most of the time oily peeling happens when you are not exfoliating enough. Clinique 7 day scrub cream is a nice basic that works with whatever your regimen is. If you are willing to splurge, Dr. Brandt microdermabrasion (black tube) is my favorite exfoliator ever, but it's so expensive...T.T

tallwoman

(0) Hearts

Are you using a product with salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide?  If so, that could be what is causing it.  Also, the rate at which your skin cells are producting new skin could be different in these two areas of your face. Could be due to the change in seasons or temp changes too. Try a good, non-oily moisturizer that is light in texture.  Do you exfoliate your skin at all? That could help with the dry skin by removing it and allowing for the newer skin to come to the surface. If you do decide to use an exfoliator, try a gentle one.  I have read really good things about Origins Modern Friction.

redhead85

(0) Hearts

I like Clinique's Moisture Surge moisturizer. It's heavy enough to help with dry skin, but feels very light and is oil free. I like it better than the gel, but it is more expensive so I don't purchase it all the time.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • tallwoman
    • redhead85
    • ChicDabbler
    • 12BPretty
    • claudia2011
    • bowlofmushypeas