KadoodaMarie

Oily Skin

(0) Hearts

I have really oily skin, what could I use to help that other than makeup?

lillyjumper

Re: Oily Skin

(0) Hearts

I will second the Murad Mattifier! its amazing!!!

jennypenny1995

(0) Hearts

i'm oily, too, and I've found 2 definite "no" products: primer of any brand and liquid foundation. Every primer I've used feels like your skin can't breathe, and they never actually keep the shine down. Liquids tend to melt, shift, and settle into fine lines or pores, so powder formulas do WAY better.

I personally love Lancome's DualFinish foundation. I used to apply it with a damp BeautyBlender, but now I use it dry with one. excellent coverage ability, yet it doesn't smother. i do get a bit shiny, but it takes 8 hours or so for it to appear--and then it's not horrific.

As for skin care--now, hear me out--I have found a good balance of oil control without stripping with: Clinique Mild Soap, #3 toner, and DDMGel. When I tried the cleanser for oily skin, it was too aggressive and made me oilier. The trick is in the hyaluronic acid in the Gel to add WATER to the skin and a mild cleanser to clean but salicylic acid in the toner to keep pores unclogged.

i went from a breakout almost daily to 1 in about 4 months.

lecia1167

(0) Hearts

Try Philosophy Total Matteness. It's a great cleanser and mask that really helps control oil. Also try Bliss Toner Pads. They are great at controlling oil.

SarahShameless

(0) Hearts

i'll just list a few things off for you, since my skin is chronically oily i've tried many things, so here you go:

• Murad Oil control mattifyer (slightly unnattractive smell)
  • Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel
  • or you could buy a clarisonic mia which is mostly for people with oily/acne prone skin

if youre on a budget, you can try

• Neutrogena Deep Clean Shine Control Daily Scrub
  • or Alba Botanica Natural Acnedote Oil Control lotion (you can tell by the scent and texture of the product that it's legitimately natural, although most of the above products do work better.)

hope this helps! 

jennypenny1995

(0) Hearts

Be cautious of foaming cleansers because the sulfate s in them are actually really drying.  Try a gel formula or milk formula, then use a toner with a salicylic acid in it once daily.  Then, use an oil-free moisturizer.  The salicylic acid will keep your pores I unclogged, which, with oily skin, tend to happen easily.  depending on your budget, Murad, Reneee Rouleau, and Clinique all have really good products.

trucie

(0) Hearts

I second Clinique =)

LCResz

(0) Hearts

There are a number of cleansing regimens that can help. I really like Peter Thomas Roth and Murad products. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • jennypenny1995
    • lillyjumper
    • LCResz
    • SarahShameless
    • trucie
    • KadoodaMarie