marvar22

Oily Skin in the summer

My face has been more oily than ever so far this summer. I have tried some creams for acne management but nothing has been able to control my entire face. I was wondering if there was a good moisturizer/ toner or moisturizer/cleanser duo. My worst areas are my nose,chin and forehead. 

starryeyes331

Re: Oily Skin in the summer

(0) Hearts

I have super oily skin too...Ive only recently discovered a skin care routine that has kept my oilies at bay (also birth control helps a lot, go figure).

Morning:

Liz Earle Hot Cloth Cleanser as a precleanse.

Every once in a while I'll use Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant.

Kate Somerville Detox Daily Cleanser

Liz Earle Skin Boost Tonic (moisturizing toner)

Shiseido Urban Defense SPF 42 Face Sunscreen (also has mattifying properties and really helps keep my skin less oily)

Cliniqe Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel with a drop of Josie Maran Argan Oil mixed in.

Night:

Remove Makeup with Boscia Makeup Breakup Cleansing Oil

Clarisonic with Fresh Soy Face Cleanser

Tone with Mario Badescu Glycolic Acid Toner

Peter Thomas Roth VIZ-1000 Hyaluronic Acid Serum

Argan Oil as night moisturizer.

Masks:

I do a mask twice a week - 1x per week I use Liz Earle Deep Cleansing Mask, and then later in the week I use either a moisturizing mask (homemade avocado mask) or the REN Glycol Lactic Radiance Renewal Mask.

I've found all these things in combination have helped keep my skin less oily. I don't usually wear foundation during the day (just concealer). But when I do wear foundation, I skip the moisturizer and just use a primer underneath - I like Smashbox Photo Finish Light.

claudia2011

(0) Hearts

I just tried a sample of Murad's Mattifying lotion with sunscreen and I was really impressed- I just ordered the full size today.  It does control the oil better than other oil free moisturizers I've tried.  There's a set here on Sephora with the lotion and cleansing wipes.  I've never used the wipes but want to try them out.   

ChicDabbler

(0) Hearts

What skincare are you using right now? if you are oily on your entire face and/or live in a place with distinct season/climate, you might want to switch to a lighter regimen for the summer. Right now I'm using Origins checks and balance cleanser, Clinique toner 2 (exfoliating/drying), and a gel moisturizer. You can look into Murad's line for acne, their clarifying mask is a bit drying for me in the winter, but perfect for the oily skin and acne I get in the summer.

beautylovingirl

Do you use  a setting powder ? If not I would suggest that something like the HD powder from MUFE (my personal fave):smileyhappy:

Also look into mattifying lotions like the Murad oil control mattifier and if that's not enough add a mattifying primer. And if your not that oily you could also just use oil blotting papers to stop the shine. Hope this helps!

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • starryeyes331
    • ChicDabbler
    • beautylovingirl
    • claudia2011
    • marvar22