sidkayy

OIly Skin

I am 22 years old and I have such oily skin.Two minutes after I apply my makup, my skin is extremely oily! Lately it has gotten worse and it makes my makeup look like I didn't blend it :smileysad: I am a full time student and I don't have a lot of money to test any more products out. In pictures it looks like my face is covered in sweat. Please help! 

wingatprsct

Re: OIly Skin

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

You may be stripping your skin of its natural oils without replacing some hydration causing your skin to produce even more oil.  There are very good mattifing lotions that adds moisture back to your skin but also helps control oil production.  Murad Oil Control Mattifier is one of them and also has sunscreen protection.  Excessive exfoliation can also cause increased oil production.

What skincare and makeup products are you using and how often do you cleanse, exfoliate, and moisturize?  Just tweaking your regimen or adding/replacing one product can make all the difference.

Mollycj

(0) Hearts

I have oily skin too, and I am just curious as to why people with oily skin need to use moisturizers?

FitFan

(0) Hearts

I use a moisturizer that helps with clearing up my skin but also as a barrier between my makeup and my face. I do use a primer as well. If I don't wear makeup, I still use the moisturizer to work on my skin.

laurabt

(0) Hearts

Hi Sidkayy,

Are you using a moisturizer both AM & PM?  This is very important to balance the oil production in your skin.  I recommend a lightweight, oil free moisturizer like Murad Oil-Control Mattifier SPF 15 PA++ for daytime, and Origins Zero Oil™ Oil-Free Moisture Lotion for night.  
:smileyhappy: -Laura

Murad Oil-Control Mattifier SPF 15.jpg

Origins Zero Oil™ Oil-Free Moisture Lotion.jpg

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • FitFan
    • wingatprsct
    • Mollycj
    • laurabt
    • sidkayy