Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oily Skin

Need advice

Hi everyone, hope you feel good and beautiful today.

So, actually, in the past I never did a make-up and was using different skin care products, never had something special, but now want to start and enter this beauty field 🙂 and need advice from you and your experience. For my first step I want to ask you this, I have a problem as my skin is really oily and sensitive and because of that I have acne and make-up problems. I need couple good advice:

1. What are the best skin care products for oily skin + that have acne issues.
2. What cosmetics you use and which one fits better for this type of skin.
3. Which make-up fixer fits better.

I will appreciate all advice from you.

Thanks!

Re: Need advice

Hi @k1ira,

I have combination skin and am somewhat easily prone to breakouts, so I can definitely relate. There are a lot of great options out there, but I'll just recommend some that many people (including myself) enjoy. Keep in mind, products can work differently for everybody, so it can be a bit of a journey to find what you like. 🙂 

For skin care products, it's really important that you're hydrating your skin! I have a long (probably longer than needed, but I'm not taking risks!) skincare routine that contains a lot of hydrating products. I do a double cleanse (wipes+cleanser), toner, essence, ampoule, serum, moisturizer, facial oil, and then a sleeping mask! If you just want to start simple, I'd say do a double cleanse, toner, serum, and moisturizer. Adding a facial oil is a next great step and really good for those with oily skin. Applying a facial oil let's your skin know that you're getting enough oil and it doesn't need to produce as much. (: You don't want to have every product focused on treating acne otherwise it'll dry your skin out. Doing a clay mask and using a cleanser/treatment to address my acne is what best works with my skin. You'll also want to use an exfoliator as this is going to help prevent build up on skin and keep it smooth and makeup application will be easier. (:

Sometimes my friends say their skin is oily, but in reality they're more like a tiny water fountain and I am Niagra Falls in comparison to them. LOL. So I'm really all about a primer that's going to hide my pores and control oil. Dr. Brandt's Pores no More or Benefit's The Porefessional or some popular favorites among those with oily skin. Both help smooth out fine lines an pores and extend the wear of your makeup while controlling oil. Estee Lauder's Double Wear foundation has almost a cult following from those with oily skin. It's a little bit of a heavier formula, but I've gotten used to it and don't feel it on my skin. It provides full coverage and a little really goes a long way! Tarte's Smooth Operator Powder is a translucent finishing powder that helps to set your makeup and control oil. It's made with Amazonian Clay which naturally adjusts to your body's needs. How cool is that! 

Lastly, there are a couple of setting sprays out there made for those with oily skin. The one I use (and am hopelessly addicted to) is Urban Decay
De-Slick Oil-Control Makeup Setting Spray. It's specifically made to help control oil and deflect surface shine. I know some people with oily skin also really like the original All Nighter version. 

I've linked to all of the products below. I know it's a lot so please let me know if you have any questions, haha! 

XOXO,
Marieke

Hey @MariekeBT thanks for this advice! I'm really thankful that you took your time to give me this advice and share with me your experience! I will definitely purchase some stuff step by step and will check how it will work for  me 😄 but i think it should work good, as I was checking and reading some information in the web and can't wait for the moment when will try all this stuff and your advice and improve my skin. I have another question for you, should I apply and follow all this steps two times in a day? in the morning and night?

Thanks! XOXO 

@k1ira you're very welcome! If you can get samples of some of the things or have a cast member maybe do an application, it's a great way to try things before you buy it! Also know that sometimes trying a bunch of new things at once can freak your skin out, so introducing stuff step by step is definitely the way to go. (: 

If you've ever heard of the 10 step korean skincare routine, this is one thing that I followed that really helped me improve my skin. Taking the time to pamper my skin and treat it properly really helped change it. 

In the morning I like to do something very light so I do: 

-cleanser 

-toner

-essence

-moisturizer/spf (my moisturizer has an spf but also just getting an spf that's moisturizing or keeping them as separate steps is fine) 

And then for night I do the steps I mentioned above. (: 

XOXO,
Marieke
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing