phuongttran

Looking for good foundation and primer for oily skin ?

(0) Hearts
I had very oily skin. I already try many difference foundation and primer and it didn't work for me. Can anyone help me
JayReed

Re: Looking for good foundation and primer for oily skin ?

(0) Hearts

If you have super oily skin like i do, I do not like the Hourglass Immaculate Foundation, it tends to separate.. The best ones that I have found for me is Estee Lauder Double wear, It can be kind of flat, but I usually use an illuminating powder or toner to help add a glow. I love Urban Decay's Naked Foundation, I just make sure to have a really great setting powder, like MAC's mineralize skin finish or Urban Decay's new setting powder! The best primer for me is the Hourglass Mineral Veil.

andyhtrieu

(0) Hearts

The best primer I've used is Estee Lauder Matte Perfecting Primer. It keeps me matte and controls oil for a long time. You can also try Boots No.7 beautifully matte makeup base for a more affordable version. 

For foundation, the best ones for oily skin are:

• Kat Von D Lock It Tattoo foundation
  • Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation (my favorite)
  • Hourglass Immaculate Liquid Powder Foundation

Keep in mind that you can't stay matte for a full day. Your oil will break through eventually. I agree with what some people said down below. If you wash your face too much or your cleanser is too drying, it will cause your skin to produce more oil. You also want to stay away from denatured alcohol (alcohol denat.) and SD Alcohol. That will cause your skin to be extremely dry and you'll end up with more oil on your face.

jojobe

I have found the best thing is to start with changing your skin care. As Salliesunshine has said, overcleansing leads to overproduction of oil(sebum). It sends the signal to your glands there is not enough oil so in turn producing more. I have found switching to an oil cleanser has worked much better than my traditional idea that you just have to get it all off. You need to be sure you are using an oil free moisturizer after cleansing as well. It will take a few days to a week before you really start to see a change as the regulation needs time to take effect. Also you need to make sure that your primer and foundations are compatible as far as silicone based and water based. 

calamityjane85

Not sure what you have tried, can you list them?

Im loving the tarte cc primer, I have oily skin. 

*mufe mat velvet+ for days when I don't want as much on

*tarte amazonian clay 12 hour for when I want full coverage

I always carry around blotting papers to help. 

meecheroo

I've had oily skin since I was 12 years old. The only thing that ever really worked was Accutane (but I don't advise that for combating oily skin) Have you tried Revlon's Colorstay foundation for oily/combination skin?

SallieSunshine

I have very oily skin, too. I've found some primers that have helped, at least for a while. Then my skin tends to grow accustomed to them and the oil control doesn't work as well anymore. OC8 Mattifying Gel, Becca Ever Matte primer, and Hourglass Mineral Veil help a lot, but I'm careful not to use them every day.

I've had more luck with addressing my skincare routine.  If you haven't already looked into the possibility that you are over cleansing, that may be something to research.  A lot of times people with oily skin find out that they are actually perpetuating the problem by using strong cleansers too often.  I've found that modifying my skincare has made my skin less oily overall.  Though I still use blotting papers like they're going out of style.  (I actually use the toilet seat covers at my office to blot my face, because otherwise I would use like 10 sheets of blotting paper a day. The seat covers are made of the same or similar paper, and they work great.)

Plantgarden

Totally Agree ^^^^^^ About the skincare routine.  Good advice there.

Using the toilet seat cover made me chuckle. :smileyvery-happy:

SallieSunshine

I heard the tip about the toilet seat covers years ago, and it totally works! I still feel vaguely weird when I do it, so I tend to smuggle them into the stall first. I don't know that my coworkers want to know me as "the one who rubs toilet seat covers on her face"! :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 10 hearts
  • 8 in conversation
    • jojobe
    • calamityjane85
    • SallieSunshine
    • meecheroo
    • Plantgarden
    • JayReed