chi82

I need a new moisturizer!

I was a faithful user of Clinique's Superdefense Oily to Oily Combination with SPF 25, until they recently changed the formula.  The new one is pretty terrible - it just sits on the surface of my skin all day feeling tacky and making my T-zone oilier than ever.

So, I need something similar to the old formula.  It has to have a SPF, as my skin is fair, and it needs to absorb very quickly, as many moisturizers tend to sit on the surface of my skin.

Any recommendations??

chi82

Re: I need a new moisturizer!

(0) Hearts

Thank you so much, everyone!  I will need to pick up some samples and see what works best for me.

deedjw

I recommend Clinique's Super City Block in SPF 40.  I have been using it for about a month now & love it so far!  It does go on greasy but soaks into my skin about 5 minutes later.  Right now I'm not using foundation becuase I live in the south where it gets really humid.  Super City Block has a slight tint so it blurs imperfections & dries to a matte "finish" (don't know if its a finish when its not foundation lol) & stays matte almost all day.  I have oily skin too & at around 5pm I need to blot my face.  For me it is kind of a triple threat product!  It works as my moisturizer, SPF & foundation all in one! 

karma3p80

Randee suggested this for me, and I tried it and loved it, so I will pass on the recommendation: Dior Hydra-Life Pro Youth Sorbet Crème. It is fantastic. It's expensive, but for me it was worth it. It feels great on the skin, sinks in very quickly, is great for oily and combo skin- gives me the moisture I need but keeps my skin matte all day and did not break me out. Good luck!

brennab

I also use Cliniques dramatically different moisturizing gel and I love it!

rellyz

Try Cliniques dramatically different gel moisturizer great for oily skin. It makes a big difference and helps with foundation last longer.  

TrysBeautyItems

Try Estee Lauder Advanced Multi-Protection Anti-Oxidant Creme Oil-Free Broad Spectrum SPF 25

or

Korress Pomegranate Balancing Cream-Gel Moisturiser - however there is not spf in this one would need to use spf on top

or try a oil control serum underneath the moisturizer for even more oil control - the above won't necessarily make you more oily - I just switched climates, so my skin can't help exactly :smileytongue:  However, I also switched to philosophy purity made simple gel cleanser and it seems to lessen oil too.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 8 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • chi82
    • brennab
    • deedjw
    • TrysBeautyItems
    • rellyz
    • karma3p80