BritneyBacon

I'm 23 and I want to start a skin care regimen

I've never really wanted to deal with all that stuff because there are so many products out there, but I'm starting to get older and I want to start.
I have oily skin, my face is constantly red so I always wear make up, and I have blackheads in my nose. I'm not sure if I have sensitive skin or not because my face is always red, but when I used to wear liquid foundation I broke out all the time, now I use bare minerals and I don't break out.
I would like to be able to wear no makeup and get rid of this redness. I would also like to get rid of my blackheads and since I'm getting older I need a good moisturizer that won't clog my pores.
Suggestions please!
kelsey808

Re: I'm 23 and I want to start a skin care regimen

(0) Hearts

I use Boscia's Clear Complexion Cleanser for my skin (I'm prone to breakouts so this might not be right for you) and I love it! All of Boscia's cleansers that I've tried are really good (and natural). I've been using Ole Henriksen's Nurtue Me moisturizer everyday AM & PM and it's done amazing things for the crazy redness on my face! plus it's made for sensitive skin and smells AMAZING! It's expensive but it's soooooo worth it

wingatprsct

(0) Hearts

Hi, BritneyBacon!  I wish I had started at your age taking better care of my skin.  A 3 step system is easy to follow: cleanse, tone, and moisturize.  It is important to also add sun protection to your morning regimen.  Clinique has a redness solutions kit with mixed reviews.  It may be worth a try.  You might want to get some samples before purchasing since some have had bad experiences.  I'm sure there are also other great products for calming redness.  Try starting a conversation on that topic for suggestions.

I would also recommend you cleanse, tone, and moisturize every night....religiously.  It takes awhile to get in the habit.  But once you do, you will not be able to go to sleep without a clean face.  It is so important to remove the days dirt and grime, allowing your pores to breathe and your skin to rejuvenate (cell turnover) even if you have to use facial cleansing wipes on nights when your tired.  I keep a pack by my bed for those nights.  It's not a substitute for cleansing, but it's better than sleeping in makeup.

Like Carmen1986 said, it takes awhile to find what is suited for your skin.  It is a trial and error process.  So, don't give up!  Good luck!

Carmen1986

(0) Hearts

I believe personally a skincare regimen can be quite tedious to put together. Kind of like a puzzle with a million pieces. I've heard it can take a while to completely find the right products for your face. I too have redness so I understand how annoying it must be. I hope you find the best products suited for you !

BritneyBacon

That is a really good idea and super convenient. Because I worry about having to buy a bajillion different things for my face. I hope it works for me.

iknowitstoday

Clinique 3 step!! It is amazing I was Ian the same boat as you 6 months ago but I was browsing in sephora and saw a clinique kit for $13 and said why not!? What do I have to loose? My pores are so much smaller and my blackheads really aren't there (and they were BAD!!!!!!) I also use a clarisonic which I HAD TO HAVE and it is amazing BUT expensive and I think there might be cheaper options until you feel the need for it. Hope this helps!!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 4 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • iknowitstoday
    • kelsey808
    • wingatprsct
    • Carmen1986
    • BritneyBacon