TeemaB

I have a major problem with concealers! IT CREASES INTO THE LINES UNDER MY EYES =(

(0) Hearts

I have used both crème concealers, liquid concealers. I have lines under my eyes which are very obvious...there not even fine lines. And even worse terribly dark circles. I don't know what to do so that the concealer doesn't go into the lines under my eyes and I have to keep retouching and tugging so it doesn't settle. Can you guys please give me some recommendations =)

CaitlinBrunson

Re: I have a major problem with concealers! IT CREASES INTO THE LINES UNDER MY EYES =(

Use an eye primer under it! Also, I'd try Nars creamy concealer. Its my favorite and not too thick

TeemaB

Re: I have a major problem with concealers! IT CREASES INTO THE LINES UNDER MY EYES =(

(0) Hearts

Thanks! Do you suggest an eye primer? Also, how is the longevity of the NARS creamy concealer? Will I have to do touch-ups or does it last a long time?

CaitlinBrunson

There are so many eye primers out there! If you have oily lids, Nars eye primer is the way to go! If you have normal, I'd go to Mac and either get painterly or soft ochre depending on your skin tone. I'd say it lasts all day! On top of a primer I set my entire face with a translucent fine milled powder and UD All Nighter setting spray and I never touch up. 

TeemaB

(0) Hearts

Yeah I moisterize my undereyes but I should prob use an eye cream.  I am of a tan complexion and my dark circles are brown :/ 

aviscardi

I have the same problem, make sure you are using a light eye cream. Im using Ginzing and then SB under eye primer helps keep it in place, and i always set with my ben nye powders. nothing else ive tried keeps it from moving.

for concealers i recommend nars radiant creamy concealer and maybelline age rewind

TeemaB

(0) Hearts

I think I should definitly add an eye cream to my daily routine! These dark circles need to be fixed as well as concealed. And sorry but what is SB eye primer...Smashbox? 

The nars concealer is on my list for the new concealers I will try this week! 

jaydensmom11

(0) Hearts

Hey!  There is this stuff I just got in this beauty grab bag I ordered, it's a $100 eye product you can only get from a dermatologist but they're including it in the grab bag and I only paid $29 for the grab bag and the shipping was free and there were other products in it too but anywho, the product is for your eyes and dark circles it works super well.  I'd check it out, it's been working really well for me and the product is going to last me a long time since it's a pretty big bottle.  The website is http://www.mybeautybootcamp.com/#!grab-bag/cd38 

Also, there is this concealer by Hard Candy I always put under my eyes it works GREAT!

TeemaB

(0) Hearts

Jennypenny1995 that's awesome and its affordable! I just checked it out on the site and looking at the color range it looks like I might find one for my needs! THANK YOU SO MUCH! I will use an under eye primer and this on top! I hope that's the miracle combo that I have been searching for!! =)

jennypenny1995

Try it first without the primer.  Am doubting you'll need it!

jennypenny1995

There IS an option!  I use and swear by Clinique's Line Smoothing Concealer. I use it to cover my dark circles, and it never settles into those tiny lines.  In fact, it actually gives the appearance of SMOOTHER skin.  I swear!  Plus, it doesn't cake or sting your eyes.  Get some!

TeemaB

Thank you grilledchz!! That sounds like the exact solution to my problem! I am going to go out and try it in Sephora on Monday and hopefully end up buying it if I like the results! It sounds like exactly what I need. Hopefully it works. And sorry Idk why it doesn't let me reply individually to each person.

olivanova

(0) Hearts

YSL Touche Eclat doesn't crease on me, neither does Lancome Teint Miracle. Both are in form of pens and are made specifically for the eye area.

http://www.lancome-usa.com/TEINT-MIRACLE-INSTANT-RETOUCH-PEN/1000512,default,pd.html?dwvar_1000512_c...

grilledchz

[ Edited ]

Smashbox makes a primer specifically for under eyes. It might help. 

I also agree with others here who recommended LM secret brightening powder. It really helps me!

sunflower837

(0) Hearts

Would using an eyeshadow primer under your eye prior to concealer application help?  It might help things set.  However, it would entirely depend on your coloring as well as your sensitivities to products.

TeemaB

(0) Hearts

Sorry it doesn't let me reply to individual answers :smileytongue: but thank you jellybean917 I will definitely check out the LM Brightening Powder! I would definitely love to brighten up my undereye. I have tried soo many brands at Sephora and if it means concealing the black holes under my eyes cuz that's how dark my dark circles are I will check out the Cle de Peau concealer!! People ask me if I have eyeliner smudged under my eyes! 

TeemaB

(0) Hearts

I never heard of that concealer. Hmm maybe I'll give it a try....too bad its not available in Sephora. And the powder sounds great! Does it have glitter since its a brightening powder? I usually have that problem when I look for brightners.

sulfate

As JellyBean said, CDP is crazy expensive, but as I'm sure she will agree, one tube lasts FOREVER.  As hard as it is to do, I throw mine away before I use them up..  If you google it, you'll see it's usually rated a best beauty buy from instyle (a million years in a row etc).  If you do try it, moisturize first and start with the smallest amount.  I'm sure they'll help you at the counter.  I've probably been using it for over a decade and have never found anything better, although I always ty!!

I see someone suggested an under eye primer.  Good idea.  If Smashbox happens to irritate your eyes, try Tarte. It's for all over your eye and I like it because it doesn't irritate my sensitive eyes.  

As Olivaova mentioned, the YSL touch eclat is an outstanding product (although it does bother my wimpy eyes) and I don't think it creases either (I was introduced to it by a makeup artist on a movie set who put it on me 15 years ago .. and no, I'm not an actress but his endorsement was pretty good :smileyhappy:   You can layer it and it doesn't get cakey. However, if you have very dark circles, I think you will find it's a great compliment but not enough as your only concealer.  Armani's new maestro concealer is also another very light option that doesn't crease.  It doesn't bother my eyes and if you are having a good eye day, I think it's wonderful.  And just to be thorough, I almost loved the Tarte concealer in a tube.  It's so moisturizing and covers really well, however, I couldn't get it to not crease on me.   Oh, and Bobbi Brown has a new concealer that comes in a tube with an applicator (like a lipgloss) (not the one in the pot, which for me, creases a lot).  It's heavier than the YSL but is still fairly crease proof.  It's no CDP, but they give you a good amount of product for the money and it's a nice in between. I have it in a peachy pinky color that really brightens up the under eye area.  It has way too much fragrance and I don't really like wearing it but can tolerate it.  The reason I mention all these products is I often use a touch of CDP on the darkest part and then use a lighter product for the rest that doesn't need so much coverage. I hope some of this is helpful.  

jellybean917

I also use LM Secret Brightening Powder. No glitter! :smileyhappy: The powder itself looks white, but goes on translucent (unless you have a heavy hand). I heard about it on BT for use of setting undereye concealer, and it really does a good job.

I also have the Cle de Peau concealer, and while it's amazing, it is very expensive. Unfortunately, I don't have a cheaper rec. My dark circles are insane, and CdP is the only thing that comes close to successfully combating them.

sulfate

For me the trick is a little powder after the concealer to set it.  Just pat on a tiny amount. I've never had that problem again.  Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder is wonderful for this because it will also brighten up the area.

I use Cle de Peau concealer which is really good,  It is highly pigmented and doesn't budge much anyway, but I think the powder trick would work with anything.  

TeemaB

(0) Hearts

Is there any primer that fills in lines?  I've tried creamy concealers. It settles in lines as well. I use primers all the time before wearing foundation but no primer has helped fill in my lines. What do you use?

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 23 replies
  • 17 hearts
  • 11 in conversation
    • aviscardi
    • jennypenny1995
    • sunflower837
    • sulfate
    • olivanova
    • jellybean917