1Emily

HELP!!! Primer for oily skin?

I'm currently using the Smashbox Photofinish Light primer, but it's not really doing anything for my terribly oily skin. I like to think it helps a little, but by the end of the day, no foundation comes off on my makeup wipes. Everything is gone. I've recently tried the NYX Shine Killer, which is worse, by far. I've tried the Bare Minerals Prime Time, but not the one for oily skin... But currently, I'm looking at the Korres Vitamin E and Mattifying Pomegranate primers... I feel like their being all natural would really help with not clogging pores and everything, but I'm no expert. I kind of wanted to try the Becca Ever-Matte, but then I looked at the ingredients, and I believe it contains parabens. I thought about the Lorac POREfection and Too Faced Primed and Poreless, but I'm not too psyched about either of them. I have tried a sample of the bronzed version of the Primed and Poreless and it made my oil situation like 1000 times worse... I looked at some Bioderma Sebium cream things, but I don't think they're that great. Idk what to do, you guys! PLEASE HELP!!

P.S. I don't want to hear anything about Phillips' Milk of Magnesia.

wingatprsct

Re: HELP!!! Primer for oily skin?

(0) Hearts

While you're in search of a different primer, you might want to consider Murad's Oil Control Mattifier (applied before primer) and Urban Decay's All Nighter Long Lasting Setting Spray (applied after completing makeup application).  Your primer may work better by controlling oil production and setting your makeup.

Are you using a setting powder?  I am currently using Korres Wild Rose Mineral Setting Powder and love how it creates a matte and flawless finish.  Good luck!

poshified

I agree with Yuumei! Hourglass Mineral Veil is a Holy Grail of mine! I'm currently testing the new Benefit primer, because hey, if it works just as well for a fraction of the price, I'm all for it! :smileyhappy:

1Emily

(0) Hearts

What is it called? :smileyhappy:

Yuumei

Possible parabens aside, I can definitely tell you that the Becca Ever-Matte Primer is really awesome for controlling your oily troubles all day. I don't even have to use a setting powder on top of my BB cream... it's been awesome. I had been using Tarte BB Tinted Primer for my t-zone issues, but doubling up on coverage was looking a bit too dark on me, so right now I actually prefer the Becca... but the Tarte BB Primer is good for soaking up oil as well... I have also had nice results from Hourglass Mineral Veil but it's on the expensive side... hope this helps, good luck :smileywink:

rikkie

Have you tried the Clarins Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch?

http://www.sephora.com/instant-smooth-perfecting-touch-P130909?skuId=1029859

It has a light texture but smooths out pores and imperfections and is really mattifying! I got a small sample and love it, I'll be buying the full size for sure. 

1Emily

(0) Hearts

I haven't tried it, but I had seen on various websites that it isn't so great, but I will look into it more! I am just hoping something more natural, like the Korres, will work for me, but I guess I'll never know until I try them :smileyhappy:

lolo01

I second Rikkie just purchased this and love it.....

1Emily

(0) Hearts

How oily would you say you skin is? Like do you feel like you have to blot a lot during the day (maybe not with your new primer)?

rikkie

Yes! OH GOD it is so bad. I am on a medication which I am hoping to quit ASAP as it gives me hyperhidrosis (ie, pouring sweat like a faucet for no reason, EW). It keeps my face matte for much longer than anything else I have found and even if I do need to pat off some sweat, my makeup will stay put. I am using a combination of Urban Decay Deslick and the Clarins. If you have a store nearby, ask them for a sample and try it out first, everyone's skin is a bit different and no product works for everyone, but I am so thrilled to have found this one. :smileyhappy:

If it's going to be a super humid day or I know I will be outdoors a lot, sometimes I throw a tube of Anthony Logistics Instant Fix Oil Control in my bag. It's supposedly a men's product but it smells like citrus punch and does a great job of making extra oil disappear on the go. It's even a 100 point perk right now for 1 oz. I got it for my husband originally but kept it for myself! 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 9 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • poshified
    • rikkie
    • 1Emily
    • lolo01
    • Yuumei
    • wingatprsct