hollipop

Good skin makeup for oily skin??

I have really oily skin and I don't really know a lot about skin makeup. What are some good foundations, bb cremes, mattifying powders, concealers, and anything else, for oily skin?? 

Katelyn011

Re: Good skin makeup for oily skin??

(0) Hearts

Before even considering the foundation, you need a good skin care regimen that helps control oil production. Whatever you do, don't go with anything containing alcohol. That only makes your skin produce more oil because of the extreme drying attributes, which will age skin faster. Oil free products will help but not necessarily a miracle. Try non-comedogenic skin care which means it does not clog pores.
When it comes to makeup you MUST apply a primer that absorbs oil. Dermalogica clearing mattifier is great as a pre foundation primer on oily parts of face-it has salicylic acid in it. BECCA ever-matte primer works wonders. The ingredients aren't toxic and the best part is you can re apply it throughout the day to absorb oil slick.   My favorite foundation is Lancome teint idole ultra 24 hr because it's full coverage for any rosacea and acne scars.

redhead85

(0) Hearts

I really like Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel as a moisturizer, and their Stay Matte foundation. I sometimes use a primer (Too Faced Primed and Poreless) but I don't use primer every day. The Stay Matte foundation is nice. I put it on with a foundation brush and it has good coverage. They finally made a color light enough for me!

beautylovingirl

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

For oily skin you need to have a good skin care routine as well as makeup products that will help control oil through the day. Some good foundations for you to look at would be MUFE multi-use powder foundation, Kat Von D's foundation and also hourglass' Immaculate liquid powder foundation. Shiseido has a wonderful natural concealer. Powders to set or a setting spray would be the MUFE HD powder, or the Kat Von D setting spray. Also oil blotting papers would be a good addition also. Hope this helps!

chelle478

(0) Hearts

Lauder's Double Matte is great for oily skin if you can match 

your skin tone.

Kiki1517

(0) Hearts

I've tried out alot of foundations, definitely not all of them, but my skin is also really sensitive and breaks out easy.

Right now my favorite face makeup is:

NARS Pro-Prime™ Pore Refining Primer - Oil-Free

Boscia No Pores No Shine T-Zone Treatment

Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Full Coverage Foundation

Urban Decay De-Slick

Benefit Cosmetics 'Hello Flawless!' SPF 15 Powder

The Boscia TZone Treatment is by far the best anti-oil product I've used hands down, let it sit on your face for a minute and you can literally feel your pores breathing! Already ran out, need to replenish :smileyhappy:

lreagan

(0) Hearts

Here is my routine that I've been tweaking over the last few months, getting samples of new products and finding what actually works. Keep in mind that this works for me and it may not work for you because everybody's skin is different and people react differently to products. I have super combination skin and my oiliness around my nose and under my eyes would get so bad that I literally could not keep my glasses on my face because they would start sliding off. These products have fixed that and I don't get oily for a good 8 hours and don't even have to blot in between.

Step 1: Urban Decay's De-Slick in a Tube - only put this in the areas you get really oily because it may make non-oily areas super dry. Also be sure you let it soak in for at least 1 minute before applying anything else over it.

Step 2: Smashbox's Photo Finish Primer in Light - 60% water based and it's made for people with oily, acne-prone skin.

Step 3: Kat Von D's Lock-It Tattoo Foundation - full coverage that doesn't look caked on. It provides a matte finish without looking flat. It makes my skin look flawless and I don't even have to use concealer over it to cover my blemishes.

Step 4: Smashbox Photo Finish Setting Powder: lightly dust this all over your face. It sets your makeup and absorbs excess oil.

Step 5: Urban Decay's De-Slick Setting Spray: provides that extra level of protection and prevents oil from seeping through your makeup and causing your makeup to slide off your face.

I hope you find this helpful!

jennypenny1995

(0) Hearts

Foundation: Tarte 12-Hour Foundation (no comparison!)

BB Cream: Tarte BB Tinted Treatment (acts as a primer in a way no other has ever done for my skin.  Flawless look when used under foundation!)

powder: Tarte Finishing Powder

Concealer: Bobbi Brown Touch Up Stick

elnxio

(0) Hearts

Primer: Mister Mat or Dr Brandt

Foundation: MUFE Mat Velvet+, Estee Lauder Double Wear, Kat Von D's Lock-it

BB Cream: Dr G. Gowoonsesang (Korean Brand)

Concealer: MUFE's HD

Powder: I use MUFE's HD but I heard great things about Tarte and Nars new light-reflecting one!

Blotting Sheets: Boscia or Clean and Clear

Setting Spray: Urban Decay's de-slick (my fav on this list)

Moisturizer: Cerave or Neutragena's oil free lotion 

helpful

Primer- Givenchy Mister Mat

Foundation- Clinique Stay Matte or Lancôme Teint Idole Ultra 24H

Powder- Clinique Stay Matte, Hourglass Ambient Lighting, Tarte Smooth Operator

Setting Spray- Urban Decay De-Slick

I've successfully used all the products above at one point or Another to stay oil free/ shine free all day! Hope some of it works for you!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 2 hearts
  • 10 in conversation
    • hollipop
    • redhead85
    • jennypenny1995
    • chelle478
    • beautylovingirl
    • helpful