princessdreana

Foundation for REALLY oily skin?

what is the best foundation for really oily skin? I read reviews on Nars Sheer Matte Foundation, Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo Foundation and Urban Decay Naked Skin Foundation and they each have good reviews. I would like to know which is better? Or which one you would recommend?

clarks18

Re: Foundation for REALLY oily skin?

I really liked the UD Naked for a couple days.  Then it made me breakout and it didn't help my oily t-zone at all.  I have better luck with Clinique foundations.  I really want to try that Hourglass one that everyone raves about.  I found out about the Hourglass primer on BT and I LOVE it! 

PoshDarling

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo Foundation is a great full-coverage foundation. I have combo skin with an oily t-zone and find that it keeps me matte the longest.

I haven't tried Urban Decay Naked yet, but based on the reviews, it would be worth it to go in and ask for a sample to see how it works for you, on days when you'd rather a more sheer coverage.

NARS Sheer Matte broke me out the first time I used it, but I did like the finish.

JGSFLA

(0) Hearts

me.jpgTRUST ME I LIVE IN FLORIDA SO I HAVE TO DEAL WITH OILY SKIN AND MY MAKEUP TRYING TO COME OFF DUE TO HUMIDITY..MAKE SURE YOU END WITH A FINISHING POWDER..THIS WILL HELP SO MUCH! I LOVE MUF HOPE THIS HELPS!

EliVIB123

(0) Hearts

I'd invest in a good foundation primer for oily skin, such as Smashbox's Foundation Primer Light. Hope this helps!!

mxcx

(0) Hearts

Definitely Hourglass Immaculate! I've pretty much tried every oil-controlling foundation and primer Sephora carries, and this is the holy grail product. Pair it with the Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer, and it's the perfect combination. (: 

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

The best foundations for really oily skin is a powder foundation. You could look at MUFE's pro finish powder foundation or Hourglass has a really great foundation for oily skin and then you could also look at Kat Von D's foundation. Also I suggest a foundation primer if your not already using one. Hope this helps!

solveig

[ Edited ]

I have combination skin, very oily in the T-zone, and neither Nars Sheer Matte, nor UD Naked Skin were able to keep the shine at bay. Right now I am using Hourglass Immaculate Foundation, and dare I say, WOW. I have never had a foundation before such that I don't have to use a powder and still able to stay mostly shine-free for 5-7 hours, depending on how active I am. It gives sheer-to-medium coverage (which I am very happy with), but it can be built up. I haven't tried KVD because of the coverage it gives (heavy coverage just doesn't look attractive on my pale skin).

mxcx

(0) Hearts

I was just going to say Hourglass Immaculate! It's amazing stuff, and I can't rave enough about it. 

12BPretty

(0) Hearts

I've tried a sample of Immaculate...i love the feel, and I love that it kept me matte.  It seemed to settle in my pores and fine lines somewhat and seemed to rub off on my clothes very easily even using their primer.  Any suggestions for those issues with the Immaculate foundation?

solveig

(0) Hearts

In all honesty, I've tried their primer but it only seemed to lessen the effect of the foundation. I don't have issues with Immaculate settling into my pores, although large pores are an issue of mine. After I wash my face with Peter Thomas Roth Anti-Aging Cleanser, I moisturize with Shiseido Oil-Free Mattifying Moisturizer, then put on Shiseido SPF42 Urban Protection, wait until it all sinks into my skin and apply foundation. Hope it helps.

princessdreana

(0) Hearts

thank you!

princessdreana

(0) Hearts

I guess i should have mentioned that I don't really need a full coverage foundation. i just mentioned the Kat Von D foundation because i heard it was good for oily skinned people.

Also, I use the Urban Decay De-Slick setting spray. I find it helps more than if I wouldnt use it. But, still after like 3 hours my skin is oily and shines and i have to blot with a blotting paper and add some mattifying powder.

dianabt

Hi princessdreana,

I've heard great feedback about the KVD Lock It Foundation since it is super heavy full coverage and has a thicker layer to stay on the skin. I also like the Nars Sheer Matte which is a bit more lightweight in coverage and feel- That being said, it really does depend on how YOUR skin reacts and feels with the makeup! If you can, visit your local store to trya few samples- those are a great way to try out different formulations and shades :smileyhappy:

Adding a mattifying or smoothing primer is another fantastic way to keep your makeup staying as emmaclaire suggested. :smileyhappy: I also like to use setting sprays! The KVD lock it spray and Urban Decay pore perfecting primer are my faves.

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
emmaclaire

I think the best foundation for you will also depend on what kind of coverage you're looking at!  You actually mention the range of coverage with those foundations, lol.  NARS Sheer Matte is great for a sheer coverage/light coverage foundation, UD Naked Skin is a nice medium coverage, and Kat Von D is a great full coverage foundation!

If you're extra super worried about oil, you might want to check out some additional products that will help extend the life of ANY foundation you choose.  For example, Urban Decay's "De-Slick" fixing spray or powder is designed to keep oily skin matte.  Mattifying primers, like Korres or NARS, can also give your foundation some help in staying matte and reducing shine.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 14 replies
  • 6 hearts
  • 11 in conversation
    • emmaclaire
    • dianabt
    • solveig
    • 12BPretty
    • beautylovingirl
    • clarks18