productaholic

Face mask?

I want to add a mask to my skincare routine, but can't decide which one to get.........Tarte Amazonian Clay Double Detox Exfoliating Face Mask or Wei Golden Root Purifying Mud Mask. Has anyone tried these?? Or can you recommend one you use and love? I've got combo skin with occasional breakouts on chin and jawline. My main concern right now though is huge pores and blackheads on my chin.
lovelykatya

Re: Face mask?

(0) Hearts

my fave masks are by Glamglow and When travel bio-cellulose mask. With Glamglow I get immediate results and I love it, little goes a long way!

When mask on the other hand is very refreshing and relaxing!!

jenniebeth

I just finished taking off my bimonthly Boscia black mask. I have large pores and this definitely helps - it's like a pore strip for your entire face and it's oddly satisfying to see all the gunk it pulls out. 

BeautyJunkie325

I love trying different masks.  My 2 favorites right now are GlamGlow and Boscia.  I have oily skin and both of those really seem to help with cleaning out my pores. 

CaitlinBrunson

(0) Hearts

Those are my favorites too! I have Combo skin and they work great for me! 

SydBristow

(0) Hearts

I love Glam Glow! I got a set a while ago that had both kinds, and I use them both.  Really makes a difference. 

chupi

(0) Hearts

I am a mask addict! 

I vary between the seasons (clay based for Summer and moisturizing for the Winter) and during my period (breakouts). 

Glam Glow - Both of them. The one with the white packaging is a miracle worker for breakouts. They are expensive, but worth it. Very strong.

Origins 10 Minute moisture mask - smells like apricots!

Ole Henriksen three step - NOT for sensitive skin. It is very harsh, but wonderful.

Body Shop's Tea Tree Mask - For natural breakout help.

PTR Cucumber Mask - It's a cooling, soothing mask. I don't really think it's worth the price when you could just smear some fresh aloe on your face. I use it after a harsher mask/peel.

Boscia Peel-off Masks - I don't like these because I don't think the pulling on the skin is good for you. They don't really do much for my complexion either.

I just ordered the Nude mask during the sale. Love their products. I couldn't justify the prices for the Fresh masks.

ladysybil

(0) Hearts

If you're looking for a clay mask I recommend Fresh Umbrian Clay Mask Treatment. It makes your skin feel so soft and reduces the size of pores. My favorite non-clay mask is the Tata Harper Resurfacing Mask. It's expensive but a little goes a long way. Also, it's made with all natural ingredients so it's less likely to break out your skin. It really makes my face glow after I use it.

productaholic

(0) Hearts
Thanks. I'm a big fan of herbalism cleanser from Lush. It makes my skin feel amazing. For exfoliation I use Ole Henrikson's Invigorating Night Gel, but I've been using this for two years now and I think my skin has gotten used to it. It doesn't seem to be working as well anymore. I'm going to switch to Peter Thomas Roth Unwrinkle Peel Pads and try using a mask weekly.
sunflower837

(0) Hearts

I adore the Unwrinkle Peel Pads!  I hope you have success with them!

I have two masks in my routine that are of the washable kind (none of the sleeping facials/leave on detox overnight treatments - I have two suggestions for those, though, if you care):  Origins' Clear Improvement charcoal mask & Fresh's Rose face mask.  I use the Origin's mask when my skin is cranky and the Fresh mask to give my skin refreshment and a bit of brightening (not to mention it smells like roses!).

shortstuff07

(0) Hearts

I really like the Tarte mask, I also use Juice Beauty's Green Apple Peel, which I think helps more with pores.  My best black head remover has Dark Angels from Lush and the Fab Pore from Soap and Glory.  I'd start with just one though, and gradually add in any others so you can gage a reaction.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 4 hearts
  • 10 in conversation
    • lovelykatya
    • chupi
    • productaholic
    • sunflower837
    • ladysybil
    • BeautyJunkie325