Neonswisher

Does Ole Hendricksen Africa Red Serum cause breakouts?

I'm considering trying Ole Hendricksen's African red tea serum after hearing great things about its anti-aging/firming abilities. I however am breakout prone, and noticed it has oils in its ingredients. Has anyone with similar skin had issues with this?

miabt

Re: Does Ole Hendricksen Africa Red Serum cause breakouts?

Hi Neonswisher,

I completely agree with Diana!  I've tried products that have oils in them & those without & its really hit or miss.  No one can predict how your skin will react to any particular product.  I'm so thankful we have samples with every order & in-stores :smileyhappy:  The African Red Serum is fantastic, so if you have a Sephora near you, definitely stop in & pick up a sample to test out.  Also, keep in mind that products can initially break you out when your skin is purging impurities, so make sure you give products a good week or 2 :smileyhappy:

xo, Mia

dianabt

Hi neonswisher, 

Really the chances of an item causing breakouts depend on the item and how your skin reacts to it.  The oils in this serum can sometimes be beneficial to the skin but if you are prone to breakouts its good to try the item first to see if it has any negative or adverse reaction or breakouts on the face. 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
lylysa

(0) Hearts

The oils that it does contain are botanical based, which, unlike synthetic oils, actually mimick the essential oils your needs to keep proper balance in hydration.

Though botanical based oils are beneficial to skin, they may be slightly heavy on acne prone/oily skin, so it's best to do a test patch on skin first and maybe using it every other night to see how your skin reacts. 

You may consider Murad's Acne and Wrinkle Reducer:

http://www.sephora.com/acne-wrinkle-reducer-P260911?skuId=1224732

It's made first to target breakouts/acne prone skin and secondly to help reduce the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and boost skin's firmness, ensuring the ingredients are safe to treat those multiple issues while not adding to more and future breakouts.

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 4 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • dianabt
    • lylysa
    • miabt
    • Neonswisher