1Emily

Best products for oily skin?

(0) Hearts

From primers to foundations to setting powders and even your skincare routine, what are your tried and true products for oily skin?

mxcx

Re: Best products for oily skin?

I really really recommend:

1. Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer
This is amazing, and used in conjunction with the next product I'm going to mention, it helps your makeup stay so much longer. It also counteracts redness a little and feels amazing on your skin.

2. Hourglass Immaculate Foundation
I've probably tried most of the "mattifying" foundation at Sephora, and this is the only one that comes close to matching my oily skin. It dries down to a matte, powdery finish, and stays on so much longer than any of the other foundations I've tried without looking super cakey and just sliding off my face. Even if you don't try the primer I mentioned above (because I know Hourglass products are super pricey), definitely try this foundation!

3. Urban Decay All-Nighter Setting Spray
This is a spray you spritz on before you put on makeup as a toner/primer and then again after you're done applying all your makeup. It gives everything a really natural finish and extends the life of your foundation.

4. Tarte Smooth Operator Setting Powder
This helps with the oiliness, although I've heard that some people like the Makeup Forever Microfinish Powder better. If you need extra coverage, I also find that setting a powder foundation on top of your liquid foundation helps it stay in place really well! I used to always do this when I needed some extra coverage.

5. SK-II Facial Treatment Clear Lotion

This is super pricey for a toner, but I've found that it does help control the oiliness of my skin in comparison to other toners I've tried, and it's also good for acne-prone skin. 

Hope this helped. (:

mxcx

(0) Hearts

Oops, I meant to say Urban Decay DeSlick Setting Spray for 3. Sorry, I always get those two mixed up!

laurabt

Hi 1Emily,

I always recommend to prep oily skin with a mattifying primer to control shine, create a matte complexion & help foundation last all day.  I suggest:

Givenchy Mister Mat Mattifying Foundation Primer

Mister Mat Mattifying Foundation Primer.jpg

http://www.sephora.com/mister-mat-mattifying-foundation-primer-P231022?skuId=1146448

Sephora Collection Anti-Shine Foundation Primer

SC Anti-Shine Foundation Primer.jpg

http://www.sephora.com/anti-shine-foundation-primer-P310709?skuId=1372952

Cover FX Mattifying Primer With Anti-Acne Treatment

Mattifying Primer With Anti-Acne Treatment.jpg

http://www.sephora.com/mattifying-primer-with-anti-acne-treatment-P377612?skuId=1487388

:smileyhappy: -Laura

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 hearts
  • 3 in conversation
    • 1Emily
    • laurabt
    • mxcx
Photos3
  • Mister Mat Mattifying Foundation Primer.jpg
  • SC Anti-Shine Foundation Primer.jpg
  • Mattifying Primer With Anti-Acne Treatment.jpg