emilykatheryn

Best powder to give a little more coverage and set a foundation

I am looking for a tinted powder that will give me a little more coverage to use to set my foundation.  I currently use MUFE HD powder, but I want a powder that is going to give me a bit more coverage over my foundation, make my skin look flawless and also help control my extremely oily skin.  Any suggestions?

shinyla

Re: Best powder to give a little more coverage and set a foundation

Check out Tarte's Agent Provacateur powder. My skin is very light, so I use the "fair" shade over my liquid foundation for added coverage and to help it set. This product has Amazonian clay in it, and over time this will actually help control the oil and tone of your skin! I'm never going to use anything else.

ashleynne

(0) Hearts

I've been wondering about that powder!!! I'm a huge tarte fan! Have you seen the new Tarte amazonian clay powder foundation launched on qvc? powder.jpegI want to try it so bad!

ashleynne

[ Edited ]

I think it should check out Clinique's blended face powder. It has anywhere from sheer to moderate coverage and is great for setting makeup. Best part is that it's only $22 and you get a lot of it. You just need to find out what shade you would be. 

clq_6362_250.jpg

As for the MUFE super matte loose powder, I believe it's on the way to being discontinued. Feel free to check it out anyways though! 

beautylovingirl

[ Edited ]

Laura Mercier has great setting powders but if you have extremly oily skin you may want to look at something like the MUFE Super Matte loose powder, Tarte's Smooth Operator Micronized Clay Finishing Powder or Shisheido's loose finishing powder. Hope this helps!

corrin99

Mac Mineralize are a powder foundation, so they have nice coverage and they do a beautiful job setting foundation with a big fluffy brush for a lighter but still good coverage and a puff for full coverage.  I have seen many girls on youtube do this Tiffany D I think almost always sets it this way and I have seen Pixiwoo do it too.

DTalksAll

I like guerlain meterorites http://www.sephora.com/meteorites-compact-powder-P280415?skuId=1304955 

It gives light coverage, doesn't settle, easy to build on top of foundation. I use it with a too faced retractable brush & lightly buff it on. 

I'm not sure why you asked this question multiple times, and I can't figure out which one you actually want people to answer on, but I hope this helped. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 6 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • corrin99
    • DTalksAll
    • shinyla
    • ashleynne
    • beautylovingirl
    • emilykatheryn