Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oily Skin
|

Best foundation for Super Very Oily Skin

Hi everyone. i have super oily skin and I tried a lot of oil free facemasks, cleansers and moisturizers but at the end of the day my face still feels oily and I breakout pretty often. Please suggest some good foundations and moisturizers which can keep my skin matte. Thank you 🙂

Re: Best foundation for Super Very Oily Skin

@Sushie21

Revisit your skincare as well.  The more mattifying products you use, the more your skin tends to create oil.  Don't fight the oil.  Focus on balancing the skin.

thank you !

RE: Best foundation for Super Very Oily Skin

I also have oily skin and have had an incredibly good experience with the Wet n Wild Photofocus foundation! I do pair it with the Tarte Timeless Smoothing Primer just on my t-zone and the Ole Henriksen Oil-Control Hydrator everywhere else. Hope this helps and good luck 💖!

Re: RE: Best foundation for Super Very Oily Skin

Thank you !

The Marc Jacobs Remarcable foundation works wonders for me as long as you prime first. A good primer keeps oils at a minimum. The

Thank you 

Try the tarte clay stick foundation. It worked for me. I have super oily skin like you..

The most important part is your skincare routine. I have had oily skin and large pores my whole life and basically gave up on make up because what was the point. But i started using african black soap to wash my face and it was a game changer. The oil slick on my face is so much more manageable now. After washing your face, use a good toner. I use Thayers Witch Hazel and then Ole Henriksen Counter Balance Oil Control Hydrator. Twice a week I use Orogins charcoal mask and a sheet mask right after. For my Primer, Smashbox Photo Finish Oil Free Foundation Primer Pore Minimizing is the one that actually work s for me. It does a great job of filling in my giant pores. I LOVE Laura Mercier Oil-Free Tinted Moisturizer for summer. Good, light/med coverage for tye heat and humid weather. I use Sacha Buttercup Light to set it. I am looking for a better setting spray though so looking for recs.

thank you 🙂

Primer is a must! FIRST AID BEAUTY coconut skin smoothie priming moisturizer or any of the SMASHBOX photo finish primers. For foundations URBAN DECAY all nighter liquid foundation has been my savior! I have super oily skin and haven't had any problems with caking whatsoever.

Hi. Thank you ! I did try the first aid coconut primer and it made my skin oily 😞

I've found a combination of products has been keeping my oil at bay. The best part is, I can choose any foundation I like, be it light, medium, or heavy coverage, and still not get greasy. Here's what I use:

• Boscia White Charcoal spray (I apply this first, under makeup)
  • NARS Pore & Shine Control Primer
  • Laura Mercier Translucent Powder (i use this after foundation to set everything.)

thank you.. will try these products 🙂

Hi @Sushie21,

For my oily skin, I have found that the foundations that last me the longest and keep me matte the best are:

• Lancome's Teint Idole 24 HR Foundation
  • Estee Lauder's Double Wear Stay In Place Foundation
  • Diorskin Forever Perfect Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 35

These foundations provide nice, matte coverage. I still apply a powder on top of the foundation and primer before application. 

I hope this helps! 

Best Wishes,

Janean

thank you 🙂

15 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 15 replies
  • 8 Hearts Given
  • 9 Contributors
testing