Best cheap mattifying powder??

My skin is very dry, so I need something that won't dry it out more. A transparent powder would be best, but tinted is fine. Anything below $15 that won't make my skin look orange or cakey and will go over foundation smoothly.

Re: Best cheap mattifying powder??

(0) Hearts

I am liking NYX's Stay Matte But Not Flat powder over my foundation. It definitely keeps the oiliness at bay, but still gives you a very fresh, not-overly-dry finish. You can buy it at Ulta for around $10.

(0) Hearts

I'm a big fan of Ben Nye neutral set.  It's completely colourless, and a 3 oz shaker bottle is under $10.  It lasts FOREVER!!!  In Toronto, where I'm from, it's a little difficult to find.  It's generally available at theatrical stores and beauty supply places, but you can also find it everywhere online.

Tarte Smooth Operator Amazonian Clay Finishing Powder!  The limited-edition Aqualillies version (same product, but with pretty packaging) is on sale for $22 if you're willing to go slightly over-budget :smileyhappy:

(0) Hearts

And just FYI, I have super dry, sensitive skin.  No problems with this powder :smileyhappy:

Rimmel Stay Matte is a cult favorite.  It is a pressed powder and is around 5 or 6 bucks.  Decent shade range and no orange.  :smileyhappy:  

I love the Rimmel Stay Matte!!! I second it!

E.L.F studio HD powder I think its like $6 it's translucent and doesn't leave a white cast at least not on my fair skin! Target might sell it or try the website!

Coty Airspun has been around forever, and is a cult classic.  It's a pretty good quality, and you can pick it up for around $6 at most drugstores, etc.

cva.pngcoty airspun.jpg

(0) Hearts

When I saw that yellow container...such a clear recollection of my grandmother's sewing room with one just like that on the shelf!  She used empties (lots of Brylcreem from Grandpa) to store buttons and bobbins.

(0) Hearts

I remember my grandmother having that bottom container. Wow, flashback!

Truth be told if you are looking for a transparent and cheap. Back in the day I used corn starch. Worked like a dream. Its super smooth and soft. Cheap cheap cheap. :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 12 hearts
  • 11 in conversation
Photos2
  • cva.png
  • coty airspun.jpg