Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oily Skin
|

Best Makeup and Skincare for Oily/Acne Prone Skin

So I have super oily acne prone skin and large pores. I'm looking for face washes, or toners, and possibly foundation or BB cream that would "work" or "be ok". I have tried the Clinique pink toner (I forgot what its called. Clarifying Toner?) and Kate Somerville Acne Face Wash. They both work pretty well but the toner doesn't keep my skin feeling fresh. And something using both can be slightly drying so I sometimes use a moisturizing gel or facial essence. 

So to sum it all up, I'm looking for skin care that can help with my oily skin and potentially some form of makeup that won't oil up (i.e primer, foundation, BB cream, concealer). I don't need full coverage, light to medium would be perfectly fine, just to help cover up my trouble stops and have a light veil over my discoloration.

Thank you so much!

Re: Best Makeup and Skincare for Oily/Acne Prone Skin

Check out the Veil Mineral Primer and Immaculate Liquid Powder foundation from Hourglass.  These 2 items are my holy grail for oily skin. 

Hi katieburke, 

Have you tried incorporating an oil into your nighttime routine? I love using the Sunday Riley U.F.O. Ultra-Clarifying Face Oil because it has alicylic acid to help fight acne, but the oil also keeps my skin more balanced. 

For day, I'd recommend layering their Martian Mattifying Melting Water-Gel Toner underneath a moisturizer - it's formulated to target oily and acne-prone skin concerns.

If you need something with lighter coverage, the Clinique Acne Solutions BB Cream Broad Spectrum SPF 40 will also help fight blemishes. 

Hope this helps!

Bisous, 

Sian

i like Ole Henriksen's line,upload_7161811825016884492.jpg especially the Invigorating Night Transformation Gel. 

Cleanser - PTR antiaging cleanser (contains acids to keep your pores clear and for oil-control). If that's slightly drying or makes your skin sensitive, try PTR Irish Moor or Origins Checks and Balance cleanser. They purify the skin without drying it out.

Toner - Lancome blue toner (alcohol-free one). It won't give you that cooling/minty/refreshing feeling from Clinique pink toner (which I used to use) but it leaves your skin feeling clean and hydrate/soothe slightly without leaving a residue/feel stuffy/drying it out. If you want something with a bit more oil-control/want a more refreshing feeling, Origins United States toner.

USE A MOISTURIZER. Oil and water are different, and cleanser/toner strips the top layer of protective oil your skin produces as well as dirt/bacteria etc so you need to use a moisturizer. Use a super lightweight one like Drunk Elephant B-hydra, Peter Thomas Roth Cloud cream or the Tatcha moisturizer in the mint container. They are super lightweight and absorbs well so it shouldn't feel stuffy/greasy even if you have oily skin.

I assume you are using a sunscreen or moisturizer with SPF (15 or higher) in the morning (the SPF in the makeup is not enough protection/coverage). For BB cream I like Dr. Jart+ BB Dis-a-pore Beauty Balm or IOPE/Laneige BB cushion. You don't need a primer with BB/CC cream but if you want one to wear under foundation/tinted moisturizer, Hourglass Mineral veil is great for oil control and makeup stay in place.

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
Photos1
  • upload_7161811825016884492.jpg
testing