RMOR86

BB & CC Help

(0) Hearts

I have oily skin, and also redness. I had tried a BB cream but it didn't help much with redness. The CC cream was good for redness, but made me oily. I love the feel of them on my skin and don't want to wear foundation this summer. I'm stuck as far as what to do or which products to try. So far I've tried Smashbox CC, Physicians Formula CC, Garnier BB and Maybeline BB.

disneygirl98

Re: BB & CC Help

(0) Hearts

I had the exact same problem and I thought that the only thing for me was BB or CC creams but after seeing that they were useless, I tried the Laura Mercier Oil-free Tinted Moisturizer and it is perfect. I have mild acne and a lot of redness but this product covered it perfect while looking absolutely flawless and natural! I first use the Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer, Then I put 2-3 layers of tinted moisturizer with my beauty blender, then I applied my MUFE Full Cover concealer on any place that I needed extra coverage on. Finally I buffed in The Urban Decay Finishing Powder over everything using a flat kabuki brush. 

I get really oily and makeup always melts off my face, but with this new routine it stays all day! I put my makeup on at 7 in the morning and don't take it off until like 9 and It remains looking really good. And considering that I am a High School student who sleeps during study hall and who plays soccer for a good 2-3 hours everyday that is pretty good (:Screen Shot 2014-05-02 at 8.09.46 PM.pngScreen Shot 2014-05-02 at 8.09.52 PM.pngScreen Shot 2014-05-02 at 8.09.39 PM.pngScreen Shot 2014-05-02 at 8.09.27 PM.png

H216

(0) Hearts

I really want to try IT Cosmetics CC cream. I've read many good reviews on it and love their serum. I'very also read it does a great job covering redness! I'll report back once I try it, but maybe one of our fellow BTers can chime in! :smileyhappy:

rachallen

I have been using it and love it. The only thing is that it doesn't last for more than a few hours. 

TrysBeautyItems

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I have redness and very sensitive, Lorac CC covers the red and the brand is made for sensitive skin without any irritants. I apply this with a stippling brush, before doing this I used a flat foundation brush and switching made it feel different on my face, feels more not there now.

I actually prefer pur minerals green primer to smashbox, smashbox can be sticky, pur is liquid to powder. I've also used Tarte BB primer, but the CC covers more, I haven't felt more oily with any of them.

1SultrySCENTNut

(0) Hearts

Have you given NEUTROGENA Cosmetics yet? They are really good for sensitive skin and oily skin,they have an entire product line dedicated to it.

RMOR86

thanks!

lylysa

Have you tried the Smashbox BB? It's better suited for oil control and it does give a bit more coverage in terms of being in the BB department.

You might also consider sporting a green, neutralizing primer underneath. Smashbox's formula contains silicone to also help mattify skin to give a more flawless appearance, plus it can be dabbed over make up to absorb shine throughout the day rather than touching up with powder or using blotting sheets.

Smashbox - Photo Finish Color Correcting Foundation PrimerSmashbox - Camera Ready BB Cream SPF 35

Tarte's Colored Clay CC Primer also contains color correcting clays and dries to a powder finish, making it great for oily skin, it's easy to apply and blend out:

Tarte - Colored Clay CC Primer

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 3 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • lylysa
    • TrysBeautyItems
    • RMOR86
    • rachallen
    • disneygirl98