Kyndra

Any recommendations for a clenser/toner/primer for my combination skin?

I'm in desperate need for a primer for my overly oily nose! The rest of my skin is very normal but my nose produces enough oil for the rest of my face. I don't know what to do anymore. The one product I was using that was working the best started to clog my pores. If anyone else has a greasy nose like mine and has any suggestions I am all ears!!

Londonlover101

Re: Any recommendations for a clenser/toner/primer for my combination skin?

(0) Hearts

Baby wash! I cant remember how many times I have recommended this product, because of its amazing results. the lullabies baby wash from ALDI is my absolute favorite face wash Ive used so far, besides basis. It cleanses effectively but doesn't dry skin out or make it flaky and it has the perfect power to get rid of dirt grime oil and sweat. I am in love with this face wash!

lylysa

(0) Hearts

Give us a run down on what your current AM/PM regimen consists of.

The thread link I posted above has tons of options for primers/mattifying balms that have been recommended as staples here in Beauty Talk.

Kyndra

(0) Hearts

I wash my face with Neutrogena deep clean long-last shine control cleanser then I tone my face with Bobbi Brown hydrating face tonic. I started using MAC's Prep + Prime Natural Radiance Primer as a moisturizer then prime my face with either POREfessional or Primed & Poreless (oil free formula). I'm currently trying a sample of the Laura Mercier mattifying balm and it seems to be working everywhere but my nose

TrysBeautyItems

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Look for products that are oil-free and non-condegemic.

You should use a exfoliate a couple times a week, and a mask like once a week to get the gunk out and tighten pores. A toner will also help after washing the face. Exfoliate: Korres buff cleanser or Origins modern friction, mask Origins clear improvement, toner the body shop tea tree, they also have masks with good reviews.

For makeup try a liquid to powder primer, powder after foundation and a setting spray like Urban Decay. Using blotting papers and/or more powder throughout the day will help to control oil.

You may want to look into a mattifying product. Philisophy has one, their products are normally good.

Kyndra

(0) Hearts

I only exfoliate my face a lot because I have very normal skin but I do exfoliate, extract, and do peels on specifically my nose. I've even added extra oil to my nose to stop it from over producing but nothing has worked. I have a thousand and one mattifying powders and setting sprays but the oil in my nose always seeps through them after about 2-4 hours.

AIixandra

(0) Hearts

http://www.sephora.com/united-state-balancing-tonic-P297533?skuId=1375864 

I love this toner. I have an oily tzone and dry/normal skin everywhere else. 

ANd by primer do you mean a foundation primer? 

If so I found Laura Mercier works best for me because it is more like a lotion than the smashbox or Benefit one which just seems to slide around on my oily spots. 

Kyndra

(0) Hearts

Preferably a foundation primer yes or just any product that is good at mattifying skin. I got a sample of the Laura Mercier primer today so hopefully it will help me some. But I couldn't see the toner you suggested though it's saying it's sold out. Thank you

lylysa

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

For a primer, check this thread with a slew of suggestions on primers and mattifying treatments in various formulation types depending on your preferences:

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Oily/Primer-for-oily-skin/m-p/610795#M701

In regards to a cleaner, what are you currently using?

For starters, Boscia's Detox Black Cleanser is great for oily/combination skin, it's a gentle line without preservatives and uses charcoal to draw out excess sebum and impurities from pores, artichoke extract to strengthen pore walls to improve their appearance, willow herb extract which is a natural form of salicylic acid used to regulate oil, and various soothing botanical extracts to ensure skin is balanced.

They even have a anti-shine/pore treatment in the black line to check out.

In regards to toner, if you're dead set on one, try a balancing one that doesn't have harsh alcohols as your skin is relatively normal, minus the oily spots here and there.

Boscia's Balancing Facial Tonic won't strip skin of essential oils needed, but will help even out issues:

Boscia - Balancing Facial Tonic

Kyndra

(0) Hearts

It's not that I'm dead set on a toner but I would like something that will help with my very oily nose. I'm using the Bobbi Brown toner right now which does help in the morning but by mid day I'm shiny all over again

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 1 heart
  • 5 in conversation
    • lylysa
    • Londonlover101
    • TrysBeautyItems
    • AIixandra
    • Kyndra