Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oily Skin

4 Ways to Use Custom Blot Drops

Hey Beauty Talk Babes! Have you tried our summertime superstar, Custom Blot Drops? It zaps excess shine whenever and wherever. Oh, and whatever, too. It mattifies your products as well as your skin!  Here are 4 ways to start!

06_29_COVER_FX_GET_MATTE_2885 (1).jpg

1. Ridin’ Solo

Feel like an au natural day, perhaps poolside or at the beach? Add a few Custom Blot Drops onto your palm, then press it on your shiny, oil-prone zones.  Now you can rock your amazing bare face without looking like you spent too much time over the grill!

Pro-Tip: Use it as a nighttime blotting treatment for super oily skin to go to bed feeling fresh.

3. Mix & Matte

Do you have a foundation that could use a little extra shine control?  Mix in a few drops of Custom Blot Drops into your foundation to lessen the shine and give yourself an all over matte finish.  

3. Ace Your Base

You might be surprised to learn that applying Custom Blot Drops BEFORE foundation will also help control excess shine.. It’s the perfect base before your base. Use your fingers to press a few drops all over your complexion. Follow with your primers and foundations. Have you tried this technique? Tell us by commenting below.

4. Shine Shield

Not a fan of using powder to set your foundation? Use Custom Blot Drops as the final step of your routine and lock in your makeup for all-day shine control. This works best for normal to mildly oily skin.  If you have very oily skin, you should continue to bake, set, & finish with translucent setting powder.  If it works, don’t change it 😉   

If you’re touching up throughout the day always remember. If you swipe, you wipe. So press the product onto the oily parts of your skin and avoid rubbing it on.

Tati truly explains it best. Watch her video (https://youtu.be/cCc7txXQZkg) to see how well Custom Blot Drops held up on her skin throughout the day.

---

Now that you’re in-the-know about Custom Blot Drops, tell us--how many ways have you tried or will now try? 😉  Are you using them in creative ways we’ve missed here?  Let us know!

06_29_COVER_FX_GET_MATTE_2900 (1).jpg

Re: 4 Ways to Use Custom Blot Drops

This is on my wish list! I think it would be really nice to use to touch-up throughout the day! I also like the ability to add it to foundations to make them matte. This seems like a really neat product

This sounds awesome. Cover fx products are always interesting and innovative. I should have tried this out yesterday and this weekend. The feel like temp in nyc was/is 106!!!! 

One question, are there any tips how you could travel with this without taking the entire bottle? Spillage is scary.

Thank you @misscg! You can actually travel with the Blot drops as a full size and pack in a Ziploc bag if you're worried about spillage. You could also pump some into a small jar to travel with. Hope this helps! 

This is on my list to try too.  My skin is much oilier in the summer.  It would be nice to find something "easy" to use.  I also appreciate the examples on how to use it!  I had no idea what exactly to do with it.

We're glad to help! Hopefully these tips will help you keep your face shine free. 🙂 

I want to try this because of Tati's review, but the Sephora reviews don't look so good! Very conflicted...

I saw Tati's review as well and thought it really worked for her. I could see it holding on in her updates. 

Try grabbing a sample during your next Sephora visit. 🙂 It's the best way to determine if the product will work for you. Let us know if you have any other questions. 

I like how I could try it on its own and mixed in with foundation..I appreciate the suggestions!

Definitely want to try! I have sensitive with combination-oily skin. This sounds so good for the dreaded T-Zone!

🙂

Oh! this stuff sounds perfect for me. I definitely get oily throughout the day and it's not a pretty sight 😄

I have combination and sensitive skin. I would like to try this product as a possible alternative to setting powder. Is it suitable for my skin type?

Hi @angel7594! All Cover FX products are developed for sensitive skin. This formula does have salicylic acid in it, so we suggest you test it on the inner elbow first to see if you have any sensitivity. 

Thank you, I appreciate the advice! 😊

Good question! I'd be curious to know that too 🙂

Good question as I also have sensitive skin. The only part of my face that really needs mattifying is my nose - I wonder if this would work, or is it too much product if that makes sense.

You can use Custom Blot Drops in specific areas as needed. That's what so great about them. Give it a try! 🙂

I have such oily skin! This is definitely on my list to try asap! I love the different ways to use them. 

Yes, definitely give it a try and let us know how it works for you. 🙂 

Anonymous Insider

These are on my wish list /buy ASAP I have been dying for a product like this. I have so many foundations (it's a problem 😳 - more like a problem with buying makeup in general 😆😇) that I love but are dewy for winter, etc that I cannot dare to touch in the summer months with the oil slick my face becomes. I would love to use this product for making my foundations matte (it's like getting double the product). I also can't wait to try this to touch up my makeup throughout the day, etc. This post also gives me a ton of other ideas THANK YOU!!

Conversation Stats
  • 21 replies
  • 22 Hearts Given
  • 14 Contributors
Photos2
  • 06_29_COVER_FX_GET_MATTE_2885 (1).jpg
  • 06_29_COVER_FX_GET_MATTE_2900 (1).jpg
testing