annie123458
what should i use to get rid of oily skin
(0) Hearts

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 2
cherrybombtastic
Answered

Can you be more specific on how oily your skin is? Blotting sheets are great for regular shine. In addition, try incorporating a toner in your regimen. My favorite is Origins Zero Oil Toner because it doesn't make my skin feel tight. Of course, using an oil-free moisturizer is a must. I would recommend trying different samples before making a purchase. As for a sunscreen, I love Murad's Oil-Control Mattifier SPF 15. I wear it under powder, and it works fine. I hope my suggestions helped and good luck!

hypeforlife91
Answered
[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

As a girl who has battled ridiculously oily skin on her forehead and nose since puberty, I can tell you that the oily skin never really completely goes away. Believe me, I've tried almost everything out on the market. Products that are anti-shine or pore-minimizing draw me in like a magnet. Not only do I hate shine, but I also hate the feeling of the oil on my face. It feels like I have some kind of suffocation mask on my face. And UGH sometimes you can even smell it (EWW, I know).

Oily skin is genetic and/or it could be a sign that you are not eating the right foods. You know the phrase "you are what you eat?" It really is true in this case! If you use products that target the surface of your skin, all it really does is absorb the oil. You are actually producing the SAME amount of oil as if you are not using the product. The powder or oil-blotting sheets do not target the root of the problem because it does not go deep into the skin.

I've noticed that when I drink more water, my skin is really more balanced- no lie. I know when I'm not drinking enough water when the drier areas of my skin get flaky and bumpy and the oily parts get oilier. So yes, in time, water really makes a difference. But don't go and drink jugs of water a day, because everything in excess has its cons.

So all-in-all, you can't get "rid" of oily skin with products, but you can definitely help the appearance of it. If you use a good mattifying primer like "Korres Pomegranate Mattifying Primer" or a drug store one like "Neutrogena's Shine Control Primer" you will have much less shine and blot less frequently than if you were to go primer-less or if you use the wrong primer. I find that Neutrogena's work the best on my OILIEST areas. Do not use this on your normal/dry areas or it will overdry it and you may break out. I use Korres on those areas because it is made to be much more moisturizing.

But yeah, the oilier your skin is, the hardest it is to battle it (usually) and everyone's skin responds differently to different products and treatments. I honestly have even tried battling oil with a face oil and that did not work so well. And that product was formulated for oily skin.

Question Stats
  • 2 answers
  • 1 heart
  • 3 in conversation
    • cherrybombtastic
    • hypeforlife91
    • annie123458