Answer
iloveroy
Accepted Solution
best eye primer for oily skin
(0) Hearts

Is there a real good eye primer for extremely oily eye lids? I have tried mac and smahbox and they dont work.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Best Answer
girlcorey
Answered

I also have super oily eyelids & the best primer that i've found is the Urban Decay Primer Potion. They just repackaged it & right now you can get it on their website really cheap in the old packaging. I think it's like $10 instead of around $20. Tons of makeup artists use it & also in most YouTube tutorials. Personally it works great for me, a lot better than BE's primer. Hope this helps! :smileyhappy:

Answers: 4
dianabt
Answered

Hello there iloveroy, 

Have you tried the Lancome Aquatique eyeshadow base? I love this base because it is long lasting, waterproof and has an amazing smooth finish that keeps eyeshadows of all shades and types staying on great. I like this base also because it is easy to apply with your fingertips and keeps your colors looking true to their shades. 

AQUATIQUE - Waterproof Eyecolour Base

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
allyana
Answered
(0) Hearts

I had the same problem and I found a trick: after I finish my make up, I apply a thin layer of Laura Mercier Mineral Pressed Powder. I use an eyebrush for this because if I put too much, it takes away from the color I want to achieve. This way, I'm done with primers that don't do anything for me. Also, in the sunny days, after your usual eye cream, you can dab a bit of Shiseido Sun Protection Eye Cream. It's a sunscreen for eye, SPF 32, that not only protects your eyelids but it dries them up a little bit, which makes it a perfect base for make up. 

kmball
Answered
(0) Hearts

I found a great trick. It's double the product, but you can use it on more than just your eyes (and if you only use it on your eyes it will last you forever). I use the Urban Decay eyeshadow base ON TOP of the Urban Decay setting spray. Not only does it keep that stuff in place, but it makes the colors pop even more. I have the same issue with my eyeliner creeping down my face throughout the day because my face and eyes are oily. This works!

cutey7
Answered
(0) Hearts

I have the same problem. I sampled the bare escentuals eye primer in the purple color while I was at the mall and it was great. However, it was for a few hours, but still it made me want to buy it. I still haven't because it's not cheap and I don't wear a lot of eye makeup but hopefully after the holidays I will go and buy it. You should get a sample of it and give it a try.

Question Stats
  • 5 answers
  • 2 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • iloveroy
    • dianabt
    • cutey7
    • girlcorey
    • kmball
    • allyana