Answer
Super Oily Skin
(0) Hearts

I  have super oily skin I am looking for a new skin care regiment, cleanser, toner and moisturizer.. It seems like lately no matter what i do i am oily an hour into my day..i do tend to have break outs from time to time i've used Peter Thomas Roth in the past. Ive heard glycolic acid is good to use for oily skin, is that true? Also i do have a clarsonic so i will be using that with a cleanser...please help! Also, what are some good products to help from getting shiney throught out the day...Primer or powder?

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 3
Answered

What I posted in another thread:

you might be using a harsh face wash.

People think that if you have oily skin ...you need to get rid of all oil...and this is not true. If you strip an oily face of it's oils, it will only produce even MORE oil.

I have really really really oily skin and following these steps from my dermatalogist has changed my life:

1. try using a ph balanced face wash. ...I use GoClear Clarifying face wash. It's oil free, but doesn't strip your face. It's so creamy and your face feels really clean but not dried out.

2. Even though you have oily skin, you still MUST use moisterizer. My dermatologist has come out in various magazines and shows, and SHE recommended me a DRUGSTORE  brand moisterizer. Changed my skin. It's called Cerave.*** I'm only mentioning that thing about my dermatologist so you can see that you don't need a super extensive hoidy toidy moisterizer***

3.Wash your face work outs, and at night when you take of your make up....but in the morning just using luke warm water should suffice, since you already cleased your face at night. ...if you really want to, use a super super small amount of face wash.

She also recommended me the Clarisonic Face brush, which I already had. I CANNOT LIVE WITHOUT IT. I'm over here in Afghanistan, and I have my husband ship me my Clarisonic. Sometimes if I don't use it for a couple of days I notice my skin looks EHH. lol  A great great Investment.

Blotting sheets...can't live without them either.

So you'll always have oil on  your face, but you can control it.

Also whenever you can, give your skin a break from make up.

Remember MOISTURIZE!!!!!!!!!

Answered
(0) Hearts

Another one of my responses to another oily skin thread:

So after me recommending all the above, I use Laura mercier tinted oil free moisterizer(LOVE), and  if I want more coverage I put bareMinerals SPF 15 Foundation over it. If I'm going out I will use MAKE UP FOREVER HD Microperfecting Primer, then for foundation I use LANCOME TEINT IDOLE ULTRA- Enduringly Diving & Comfortable Make up 14-hour retouch free, oil free, or CLINIQUE Superbalanced Makeup. Both of those foundations are oil free. The first; I never retouch, gorgeous flawless coverage. The latter; it balances out the oil in my face, great coverage.

Answered
(0) Hearts

Hello, 

I am a big believer in using serums for your skin before your moisturizer. I have found that with my very oily skin it is dry on the inside which is why my skin over produces oil. Hylauronic Acid is one of the best ingredients for very oily skin. It penetrates the skin and helps to alleviate dryness. There are a couple of brands that you can try. For example: 

Make Up For Ever HD Elixir 

Peter Thomas Roth Viz 1000

product image

Hope this helps, 

-Erik 

Sephora PRO

Question Stats
  • 3 answers
  • 1 heart
  • 4 in conversation