Answer
lifeisamystery
Solutions for oily skin and foundation troubles?
(0) Hearts

What foundation is best for my oily skin? I currently use makeup forever velvet something and then set it with either bare minerals or a salycylic acid powder foundation by neutragena. I have really oily skin and my foundation never stays um... dry? What can I do? and what foundation should I start using? ??

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 4
izzemariegee
Answered
(0) Hearts

I personally don't have oily skin, so i can't help with a foundation(i personally don't wear one), but i can suggest wearing a powder over your foundation. I would suggest Benefit's Hello Flawless Powder, it's small enough to stick in your purse so you can pull it out whenever you feel like your skin is oily. It'll take away the appearance of oil. I'd also suggest carrying around Clean and Clear's oil absorbing sheets. You can pick them up at your local drugstore (ex: CVS). They'll take the oil off the surface of your skin during the day when you think you need to. 

tenngal
Answered
(0) Hearts

The Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet Mattifying Foundation is a very good foundation for oily skin.  However, if you are not wearing an oil-controlling foundation primer underneath it, then you are not going to get the best wear out of it (or any foundation you try).

The best way to help control oiliness is to use an oil-controlling primer.  Honestly, you’ll be amazed at how it'll make all the difference in the world in how your foundation goes on smoother, looks more even and how it helps it to last all day.  The best oil-controlling foundation primers that I have ever used to stop my extreme oiliness from breaking through are the following two:

1) Make Up For Ever All Mat Foundation Primer is an oil-free foundation primer designed to remove shine with long lasting results.  Mattifying powders absorb any excess sebum (oil) and prepares your skin to help your makeup stay looking fresh all day. The silicone gel base, with its cotton-soft texture, leaves your skin matte and velvety.  It is recommended for normal to oily skin.  It is non-greasy, oil-free and you can find it here:  http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P169809&categoryId=B70

2) Givenchy Mister Mat Mattifying Foundation Primer
is a soft, mattifying, powder-gel skin primer that can be used alone or under makeup to make your skin velvety smooth. The lightweight fluid softens and moisturizes with silicone gum extracts; and plant extracts work to control sebum (oil) production, which provides a long-lasting matte effect that remains light enough to still let your skin breathe.  It contains subtle light-blue pearlescent shimmers that counteract a dull look and minimize the appearance of large pores, leaving your skin looking bright, glowing and healthy.  You can find it here:  http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P231022&categoryId=B70  

A fantastic foundation for oily skin is Make Up For Ever All Mat + Mattifying Foundation.  It’s a shine controlling, oil-free, water-resistant, complete coverage liquid foundation that hides imperfections, evens out skin tone, and mattifies with a non-oily, perfectly powdered finish.  The result is flawless and lasts for hours.  Although this foundation provides full coverage, the end result is completely adjustable to fit your needs (a little goes a long way).  You can find it here:  http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P177117&categoryId=B70

You can use Make Up For Ever’s “Foundation Shade Finder” tool to help you choose the correct shade to match your skin tone.  You can access it here:  http://www.sephora.com/browse/brand_hierarchy.jhtml?brandId=MAKE%20UP%20FOR%20EVER&contentId=C19212

If you try the MUFE Mat Velvet Foundation with one of the oil-controlling foundation primers listed above and you are still not happy with it, then I would try Clinique's Stay True Makeup Oil Free Formula which is an oil-free liquid makeup.  The long-wearing foundation blends easily for a smooth, even look. A favorite with oily skin types, it minimizes shine and leaves a matte finish without clogging pores. It's designed for combination, oily, and very oily skin types and provides moderate-to-full coverage.  It is non-acnegenic so it won't clog your pores or cause breakouts and you can find it here:  http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P122747&categoryId=B70

Also, I would recommend setting your foundation with Urban Decay’s De-Slick Mattifying Foundation Powder which is a colorless, shine-controlling powder that comes in a handy mirrored compact so you can carry it with you for touchups throughout the day.  You can find it at:  http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P210592&categoryId=B70.  The little puff that comes in the compact is great for touchups, but I’d recommend applying the powder with a big fluffy powder brush when first setting your foundation to give your face a nice air-brushed finish.  Here’s an example of the type of brush I’m referring to:  http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P183725&categoryId=B70.  A little tip I learned is to keep the little piece of plastic that comes between the puff and the powder so that you’ll have a barrier between the two so the oils that come off your skin onto the puff won’t sink into the powder—it helps the powder stay clean and fresh.

Hope this helps!
Have a great day!
tenngal :smileyhappy:

iheart1113
Answered
(0) Hearts

Hey there! I have oily skin too, and I use Covergirl Clean Oil Control foundation and BareMinerals Mineral Veil.

jacqulenenoel
Answered
(0) Hearts

First of all....how are you cleansing your face?  I have extremely oily skin and it's all about balance.  I used to work for Proactiv and still use the stuff.  But no matter what you use, you want to try and balance your skin before applying make up to it. 

If you have sensitive skin, I would recommend a salicylic acid face wash and some sort of oil free or non-commedogenic moisturizer.   A great one is the Neutrogena Oil Free Non-Commedogenic Moisturizer with SPF 15.  Its in the ball park of $8.00-$10.00 and lasts FOREVER.  You can also use a toner to remove excess oil and dirt after washing your face. You want to steer clear from anything with alcohol or oil in it. 

Here's what causes oily skin....Even though salicylic acid is more gentle on the skin, it will still dry your skin out.  In turn, your body freaks out and tries to compensate for the dryness by producing excess oil to even it out.  After you cleanse and tone, by applying a thin layer of moisturizer, your balancing for the dryness yourself.  If you wait a few minutes after applying the moisturizer and your face still feels slightly dry, add another thin layer.  Should totally do the trick.  

Give the moisturizer about 5 minutes before you apply your makeup to fully settle into the skin.  You should be able to use whatever makeup you like if your skin is in check.  In the summer I use a mineral makeup since it's lighter and won't clog my pores.  And in the winter I use cream and liquid foundation since it seems to add a little moisture to my dry skin from the weather.

I really hope this helps you!!!! 

Question Stats
  • 4 answers
  • 0 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • tenngal
    • beezy78
    • izzemariegee
    • jacqulenenoel
    • lifeisamystery
    • iheart1113
    • cutey7