Answer
Caligirl91
Accepted Solution
Really, really ridiculously oily skin
(0) Hearts

I have the oiliest skin ever, I have tired everything-Primers, Powders, blotting, nothing works. Right now I am using the Murad primer, Lancome long lasting foundation (the 24 hour one)-I love it, but it makes my skin oily so fast and I'm just using a clinique powder...please help!! I feel like I've tried so many things and nothing works...O

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
strmysony
Answered
(0) Hearts

Hi,

Do you exfoliate regularly? You could add retinol, alpha hydroxy acid or a scrub to your skincare routine and see if that helps cut down on oil pre makeup.

tallwoman
(0) Hearts
Hello Caligirl,

Please be sure to use an oil-free moisturizer even though you have oily skin. Don't use any facial cleansers that are going to leave your skin tight and dry or "squeaky clean". You need to try to regulate the sebum or oil output. These types of products make your oil glands go into over-time by compensating for the oil which you have depleted your skin of and it also throws of your skin's acid mantle and pH level.

Drink plenty of water and try to maintain a healthy diet....especially with oily, greasy, or sugary foods or snacks. These do increase the oil production in you skin. Also, try using a good facial mask which will help to absorb the oil. Have you tried any foundation like Tarte's Amazonian Clay Foundation??And although you may hate having oily skin...... there is a good benefit to having oily skin. With oily skin, you are much less likely to have wrinkles as you age( please use an spf also if you are going to use a retinol product).
Question Stats
  • 11 answers
  • 6 hearts
  • 14 in conversation
    • strmysony
    • tallwoman
    • hypeforlife91
    • michydarlyn
    • fitnessmom1231
    • colorobsession
    • beautylovingirl
    • oopz