Answer
vivianvan
Oily skin after makeup
[ Edited ]

My face is very oily, I'm alway afraid to use makeup because it make my face more oily. I tried many cleaner products that is for oily skin.  I also tried out some face primer before putting on any foundation from sephora. 4-5 hours later, i started to feel my face very oily, and my eyes makeup smugging out. Sometimes I also feel itchy with makeup, I am allergic to makeup or is it just my hair poking my face?  I am starting out with makeup, so I'm still learning, but I'm really afraid to put on makeup because of my oily skin. Is there any advices in what products I should use for problem like this? 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 3
tenngal
Answered
(0) Hearts

I have extremely oily skin and I use oil-controlling primers to combat the oil.

A great oil-controlling foundation primer is Givenchy Mister Mat Mattifying Foundation Primer which you can read more about at: 
http://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P231022&categoryId=B70

A great eyelid primer to keep your eyeshadow from getting oily and creasing is Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion which you can read more about at:  http://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P74310&categoryId=B70

These two products have made a world of difference in the way my makeup looks and stays on.

I hope this helps you. :smileyhappy:

jennifee
Answered
(0) Hearts

i have the same problem too! i set my makeup with urban decay all nighter setting spray. one bottle lasts a long time. i've even worked out heavily ( i box) with all my makeup (and this spray on) and it lasts and lasts. it doesn't clog pores or leave a weird buildup if you touch up later. i use more when i get more oily (sometimes when i am hormonal), a lighter misting when i don't need as much coverage. urban decay has other sprays too that are worth looking into. good luck!

ashlya
Answered
(0) Hearts

I used to have the same problem. I also find that since I'm so oily, makeup tends to "cake" on my face. Plus, I feel that I don't really NEED makeup just to even my tone a bit. I use Benefit cosmetics. FIrst I moisturize using a lotion for sensitive skin. It is not scented and will not clog your pores. Then I use the Porefessional. It is like magic! It shrinks your pores and has a slight tint to it. It also helps to control oil and goes on so smooth. After that I use You Rebel (lite) tinted moisturizer on my face. It is SPF 15 which I LOVE! (protect that face ladies!) and it goes on without actually looking like you are wearing makeup at all. Finally I use a bit of bronzer and blush if I'm in the mood. I love Coralista from Benefit but my favorite is Nars Orgasm blush! This is my daily routine and it seems to work quite well for me!

Hope it helps!

Question Stats
  • 3 answers
  • 1 heart
  • 4 in conversation
    • tenngal
    • jennifee
    • vivianvan
    • ashlya