Answer
lucebetsche268
OILY SKIN
[ Edited ]

i have really oily skin, but only in my t-zone.  so oily that after a hour or so of wearing makeup, my skin gets to oily that it makes it look wet and the makeup comes off.  i've tried all nighter makeup setting spray and it didn't really work.  i am going to buy de-slick makeup setting spray because its the oily skin one.  i don't want to keep having to use blotting papers and i am a student and don't have time to keep touching my makeup up.  i use a oil-free day moisturizer and a oil free "anti sebum" night moisturizer. what do i do?

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 6
projill
Answered

Boscialover is right- try a serum that will help absorb the oil throughout the day and control the production of oils in your skin.  I haven't tried the new product by Boscia yet so I can't comment on the effectiveness- but Boscialover seems to love it!

I have tried Murad T-zone Pore Refining Gel and it works great for controlling the shine.  That paired with a good oil controlling primer like Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer or NARS Pro-Prime Pore Refining Primer- you should be shine free.

Don't forget to moisturize too- that will also help your skin regulate the sebum production.  Opt for a lightweight gel moisturizer to keep your skin hydrated but not greasy.

xoxo

Jill

sugarpot
Answered

I have the same problem so I'll share my solution...

Since my face is divided into 3 different types (Oily T-zone & inner cheeks; dry chin & outer cheeks; normal forehead & temples) I use different products on all patches.

On my Oily T-zone, after cleansing, I use Lancome's TONIQUE RADIANCE Clarifying Exfoliating Toner  followed with a mattifying gel moisturizer, the key word being mattifying. I use The Body Shop's Seaweed Mattifying Day Cream.

The Lancome toner is for Oily skin. The bottle says "Oil Control Mattifying Toner. Oily Skin." That's why I use it on my T-zone ONLY. It is oil-free, non-comedogenic. It does contain alcohol, which sounds a bit intimidating, but I have found that when paired with the mattifying moisturizer, I get the best of both worlds. No matter what, I find even the finest moisturizers still leave a bit of residue on my T-zone and cause my make-up to slip. But when I use this toner underneath, it counteracts this problem. In turn, the moisturizer counteracts the toner's deep absorbtion that leads to a dry feeling. I have found this works soooo much better for my T-zone than just using moisturizer alone.

On my T-zone only I also use an oil-controlling mask once a week, or once every 2 weeks. I use Arbonne's Oil-Absorbing mask (which isn't available on here, sorry Sephora!) but I know Boscia and Clinique make them.

For my night time routine I use Kate Sommerville's Oil-free Moisturizer all over my face. I also use Kate's Intensive Exfoliating Treatment once a week. It's spa-quality and does wonders to improve the overall look of my skin.

Do a little research on these products and judge for yourself if they will work for you. They work for me and I am glad to share my advice with you : ) Best Of Luck!

lexibeauty
Answered

just use blotting papers and after you dab and blot all the oily off add makeup again, but just light. also you should defintitaly use clinique face wash and face products for oily skin. its the best and works for me. i have very oily skin as well

boscialover
Answered
you need to use a serum that will control the excess oil throughout the day. Try boscia No Pores No Shine Tzone treatment. i have the most oiliest skin in my family and when i first used this product i thought it was heaven-sent. i apply probably once or twice a day and it really picks up ALL excess oil and shine. New! No Pores No Shine T-Zone Treatment A multi-tasking treatment that instantly reduces the appearance of pores and blackheads while keeping them less visible over time. Mattifies oil and shine all day as it smoothes skin’s texture, leaving a soft-focus, silky finish. • Artichoke Leaf Extract improves elasticity to help tighten pore walls. • Silica absorbs excess oil. • Burdock Root has powerful antibacterial properties. • Jojoba Leaf, a powerful antioxidant, combats free radical damage while it nourishes and protects skin to prevent premature aging, and Willowherb, a unique anti-irritant, helps to calm skin inflammation and reduce visible redness and irritation. Smooth over skin, focusing on the T-Zone. Wear under or over makeup
melissabt
Answered
(0) Hearts

Hi Lucebetsche268,

I know how you feel! I think that it's a good idea that you are going to switch to the Urban Decay De-Slick spray because it will help to control the sebum production. I would also recommend that you try the Urban Decay De-Slick In A Tube Mattifying Gel, it works really well at controlling the shine underneath your make up.

De-Slick In A Tube Mattifying Gel

I have also included a feed with a similar question that has some great answers on it. Click Here to view it.

<3 Melissa
anaa
Answered
(0) Hearts

The UD Deslick in a tube might not be your answer if your skin is super oily.  It won't last all day, and you would need to either use blotting sheets or reapply it after a few hours.  My experience with it wasn't impressive, and my opinion is that it's way too expensive and didn't make too much of a difference.

Question Stats
  • 6 answers
  • 9 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • anaa
    • projill
    • melissabt
    • sugarpot
    • lexibeauty
    • lucebetsche268
    • boscialover