Answer
lisaaa
OILY SKIN
(0) Hearts

how do i keep my skin from being so noticeably shiny throughout the day? i do not use foundation, concealer, etc.

i prefer not to use blotting paper either. TY!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 2
tenngal
Answered
(0) Hearts

Peter Thomas Roth makes an excellent gel formula that you rub on your face and it gives instant mattifying results and it keeps working for hours.  It is called "Anti-Shine Mattifying Gel".  If it doesn't keep you completely matte throughout the day I would recommend using Urban Decay's "De-Slick Mattifying Powder" which is colorless and does a great job of absorbing oil.

I hope this helps you . . . :smileyhappy:

kurtgrl13
Answered
(0) Hearts

coming from someone who battles with oily skin all the time I really don't think there's a way to prevent oil from shining through for the entire day. For someone like you who doesn't even wear makeup blotting papers are a great solution! You can try cheaper rice papers with rice powder that soak up the oil.

However, they do make a range of products that attempt to mattify your skin.

I've tried Urban Decay's De-Slick in a Tube and Murad's Oil-Control Mattifier and I do like to use a primer as well which is supposed to minimize oil even if you don't use it as a base for makeup. 

There's also Clinique's Pore Minimizer T-Zone Shine Control which minimizes the appearance of pores and controls the oil on your face. But I'm afraid none of these products will prevent a shiny face for 12+ hours, probably not even 6+ hours.

Question Stats
  • 2 answers
  • 0 hearts
  • 3 in conversation
    • tenngal
    • kurtgrl13
    • lisaaa