Answer
bookgeek552
Accepted Solution
Need help finding a toner
(0) Hearts

I need a toner that works for blemishes and will help with discoloration and scars. One catch...I'm allergic to salicylic acid :smileysad:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Best Answer
kalex
Answered

How about glycolic acid?  I think this toner from DDF is just what you're looking for.  It will help to clarify and brighten your skin along with reducing pores and lines.

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P1815&categoryId=B70

Answers: 4
grammarous
Answered
I've had success with Kate Somerville's Clarifying Treatment Toner. It's alcohol free, fragrance free and salicylic acid free. It also helps with blemishes and acne scars I'm on my 3rd bottle and really think it helps keep flare ups down.
tenngal
Answered

I love Neutrogena Pore Refining Toner which has glycolic acid in it instead of salicylic acid.  It works great at keeping my skin from breaking out, removing blackheads and reducing enlarged pores.  You can buy it anywhere Neutrogena product are sold.

Hope this helps!
Have a great day!
tenngal :smileyhappy:

anaa
Answered

If you're allergic to salicylic acid, the Nuetrogena Pore Refining Toner has it listed in the ingredients:  Water, SD Alcohol 40, Glycolic Acid, Witch Hazel, Sodium PCA, Salicylic Acid, Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Leaf Extract, Eucalyptus Globulus (Eucalyptus) Extract, Peppermint Extract, Allantoin, Sodium Lactate, PEG 40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Fragrance.  Try DDF 10% Glycolic Toner.

cherrybombtastic
Answered

Even though you may have oily skin, using a toner with alcohol could actually make it worse. You can try the Neutrogena alcohol-free toner or you can try some of Clinique's toners. Try to look for ones that are alcohol-free. I think they can be found in Asian countries and in some airports and even online. I don't think finding a toner without salicylic acid will be a problem and I'm not sure if a toner's purpose is to help with discolorations and scars, but I'm sure a good regimen will tackle those issues overtime. I hope this helps and good luck!

Question Stats
  • 5 answers
  • 6 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • tenngal
    • kalex
    • cherrybombtastic
    • anaa
    • grammarous
    • bookgeek552