Answer
romancewriter
Mask for oily and acne prone skin

I have very oily acne prone skin and blackheads.I'm looking for a mask. I try to stay with products that are as natural as possible.(but I'm willing to venture out as long as it works) I've tried the Boscia mask but it was a real hassle and it didn't seem to do much and I recently brought the Ole Henriksen Power Peel two treatment pack. Has anyone used that? Results? Any sugguestions? I don't really have a price range just looking for a good product.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
ChicDabbler
Answered
(0) Hearts

Try this: put some oats (raw, quick, stone-rolled whatever) in food processor and pulse a bit to make them smaller chunks, then add some honey and plain whole milk yogurt, then apply a thin layer onto face. When it dries, rub most of it off then rinse. I'm a skincare junkie and have combo skin, so I've tried tons of masks for dry and oily skin depending on the season. That DIY remains my favorite because it makes my face feel SO clean, matte, refreshed, and hydrated (oats soak up oil, yogurt and honey hydrates but are good for acne). Remember to use clean everything and  keep leftovers in the fridge.

Other than that, I love Origins Charcoal mask. It softens the junk under the skin and draws them out, so it's not as drying as other masks like Murad which dries up the junk and pulls them out. The thing is don't use it the night before a big event, because it's bringing the stuff to the surface, so your face will look a bit worse after 1-2 use, but much much better on the 3rd or 4th use if you have those acne/whitehead/blackhead bumps under the skin.

Question Stats
  • 4 answers
  • 1 heart
  • 5 in conversation
    • elzie
    • ChicDabbler
    • beautylovingirl
    • romancewriter
    • RachelMarie13