Answer
jjj4evr
Accepted Solution
Korres Wld Rose + Vit C Brightening Facial v. High Potency Night-A-Mins Cream
(0) Hearts

Hi,

I am looking for a night cream that will help out with hyperpigmentation scars and give the skin a brighter look. I am currently debating  between the Korres Wild Rose + Vitamin C Advanced Brightening Sleeping Facial  and the High Potency Night-A-Mins™ Mineral-Enriched Renewal Cream. Which one would I see more results with?

Thanks!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Best Answer
lylysa
Answered

To shed some light in terms of which product would yield better results, you need to know that vitamin C itself can be a very hard to stable ingredient along with being a very light/oxygen sensitive ingredient.

Once vitamin is exposed to air and light, it starts breaking down and really only holds potency for about 3 months, 4 tops. Creams and lotions, especially jars with open lids allow for the break down a bit quicker than one in a airtight pump or tube. Clear or light color jars can also play into how much light is absorbed in, the darker the jar, the fresher it lasts.

If you're truly seeking results as opposed to a moisturizer, you may look into a treatment product with stabilized vitamin C or ascorbic acid like Philosophy's Turbo C Booster powder (which can be mixed into serums or creams) or Ole Heriksen's Truth Serum, which combines vitamin C with licorice extract which also boosts the clarity of uneven complexions and troubled pigmentation spots.

A moisturizer with vitamin C and treatment based ingredients is still a moisturizer when boiled down and will serve first and foremost as a moisturizer, and a treatment second. If you're not using any treatment specific product alongside either moisturizer, your results may not be as expected.

In terms of the Korres or Origins moisturizer, the Korres one will do better in terms of brightening as it's targeted for that first while the Origins' one is more of a well rounded cream for moisture rather than brightening itself. The rose extract and stabilized vitamin C in the Korres formula will work more gently while the Origins moisturizer may have vitamin C in it and orange extract, again, it's main focus isn't brightening.

You can always pair the Korres moisturizer with the Ole serum (even add a scoop of the Turbo C powder for an extra boost) to get maximum results for evening your skin tone.

I've used the serum and the powder before on post acne marks and love how gentle both are and how they actually work. Vitamin C itself along with botanical brighteners like licorice, kojic acid, mulberry extract, etc. will yield results in about 4-6 weeks as they are more gentle. There are a variety of products/ingredients to help treat hyperpigmentation that can work faster, but also come with prerequisites.

I posted in another thread a bit back where I broke down ingredients used in brightening/lightening treatments that you may find interesting. :smileyhappy:

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Combo-Normal-Skin/Whitening-my-skin/qaq-p/408849

Answers: 1
beautylovingirl
Answered

The Korres wild rose and vitamin c would give you better results, but you might want to also look at the Shiseido white lucent brightening moisturizing cream, can be used morning or night but perferably night .Hope this helps!

Question Stats
  • 2 answers
  • 2 hearts
  • 3 in conversation
    • jjj4evr
    • lylysa
    • beautylovingirl