Answer
christameff
I'm looking for a skincare regimen
(0) Hearts

I'm currently using acne medication prescribed by my dermatoligist, and it works great against breakouts but doesn't do anything about the oilyness of my skin.

I recently bought the Bliss Fabulous starter kit, but it's working just okay and I'm not sure if it's effective enough to buy the actual items.

I need a moisterizer with any kind of SPF in it, besides that I'm not picky at all.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 5
maryyy1989
Answered

Hey Christameff! :smileyhappy:

Finding a good moisturizer is the main part of maintaining a good skin regime. In your case, when you're looking for the right moisturizer, it should be oil-free of course and most importantly WITH SPF. Acne medication has the tendency to make the skin sensitive and make it more prone to burning when exposed to the sun, i know this because I've used many acne treatments throughout a few years so just a little tip there :smileyhappy:

Anyhow, a product that I recommend for you is Murad's Oil-Control Mattifier Moisturizer.

murad's oil-control moist..jpg

I like this one because it feels very lightweight on the skin, controls oil throughout the day, AND contains SPF for protection out in the sun. This moisturizer works very well with acne-prone skin and when using this myself I rarely broke out.

i hope this helps and please don't hesitate to ask further questions if you feel the need to do so!

xox

cherrybombtastic
Answered

I agree that Murad Oil-Control Mattifier SPF 15 works really for oily skin, but I would highly suggest getting a sample first because it is expensive in my opinion. I hope this somewhat helps and good luck!

babybear04
Answered

I love Boscia's Clear Complexion Cleanser with Botanical Blast. Also heard great things about Boscia's Purifying Gel Cleanser, but haven't tried it yet.  I also hear that the Boscia moisturizer with SPF is GREAT and helps a lot with shine! Just read that on a sephora page a few minutes ago  ...overall, I'm extremely satisfied with the Boscia line and I think it's worth a shot!  Major bonus that it's natural!

kssweetheart
Answered
[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

***OMG, So Sorry This Is So Long, Truly Sorry. But here goes....

Hi christameff - I'm so glad you asked about the oily skin issue, everyone seems to be having this problem, obviously much is heat related. I'd seen a product I wanted to post info about, and now here you are. I've haven't actually tried this item, yet. It's by Mally Cosmetics (not sure if you're familiar with her, she's a makeup artist to the stars who started her own product line, she's been around for a while. I initially saw her on QVC and you can not also purchase through her own web-site (with free shipping over $35.00 I think and a free lip gloss with purchase, I Love Her LipGloss!! Don't know how long that promo is going on) Anyhow, she has a product called Mally's Poreless Face Defender Compact, it is supposed to reduce the look of pores and fine lines and leave you with a smooth, matte look. It can be re-applied throughout the day and looks very different than anything you've seen before. People are raving about it.

I did not see it offered here, thought they had Mally but I guess not. You can get it at QVC or Mally's website, I'm sure you can find it elsewhere but I'm always a little skeptical, nervous about buying on unknown sites or in an e-bay like situation when it comes to skincare and cosmetics, but that's just me. It is offered alone or you can purchase it in a set. I personally think a set or kit is a Much better value. At QVC the Item # is A222629 - the regular price is $40.., it's currently at a featured price of $36.48 with shipping of $4.97. That seems like a lot of money, unless you find you love it and can't live with out it. There were some kits like item# A222047 Mally Defend Your Beauty 7 pc Long Wear Collection it's  $77 reg/ featured, current price is $69.96 with shipping of  $6.97. There are other kits, that was just an example, not bad considering you're getting 7 pieces. You could also go to mally's site and get a kit like Beautiful Skin Prep kit, it includes a primer (use after moisturizer) and the Face Defender, it's $39.96 with free shipping (? how long free shipping is) There are other kits you could try too. These are just some options.

As I said, People Are Crazy Over This Product!  I know I will end up trying it eventually. So, maybe this will be helpful.

I use Philosophy Purity Made Simple or Philosophy Exfoliating Face Wash - I also use Clarisonic (only with Purity Cleanser, not the Exfoliating Cleanser. I use Philosophy Oxygen Peel --LOVE IT!! I highly recommend it and couldn't live without it (I can give you some great tips from years of use, speaking with Philosophy Cust Service and watching innumerous times on QVC. They're things that you won't find in the instructions, and it will help you get the best results possible, PM me if you want more info/tips, afraid if you asked this was I might not see it, if you're interested) It's name if deceiving, it's not like a chemical peel, it's just truly Amazing!! Also, if you don't like it, you can return it. But my tips would give you the best results possible. I then use Philosophy Hope in a Bottle (not it's sister, hope in a jar) I don't always use Hope Bottle, depends what my skin is doing. I've been using Eucerin Redness Relief Lotion/ Moisturizer,(pretty sure it has SPF) it has a green-ish tint and sometimes I find that since I'm sooo fair skinned I can still find a spot or two where I can see the tint, so I sometimes wet my face a little before applying or put a few drips of water and pump the lotion into my hand and mix it a bit. I do want to try some other things though. You could try Hope in a Jar, don't think it would be harmful, I just can't stand the smell of it, it smells like a wet dog, ick, when I did use it I Always mixed it with water on my face or in my hand. There are tons of moisturizers, sure you'll get some great suggestions.

You might also want to try something like Bare Escentuals foundation and mineral veil, they come in the regular formula and a newer Matte formula. You can get regular with SPF, you might want to check the Matte though to be sure. You can also purchase a brush that has product loaded in what would be the handle. Think there's on in Sephora sale section. Then you can bring the foundation or mineral veil with you to touch up and get rid of shine, they say you can re-apply Mineral Veil throughout the day with no build up or anything, I've not tried that yet. You can also bet Oil Blotting Sheets, they are available at drugstores (clean & clear made them, haven't gotten in a while, so check that, I also used to use their products quite a while back, they had a nice moisturizer) They're obviously much less $$ than the slew of higher end blotters. I hope this helped you atleast a little, let me know if you want more info. Best of luck with all of this. Glad your Derma was able to get things partially under control. Be well. :smileyhappy:

PS- Forgot to mention how much I love my Clarisonic Mia, it rocks! Do you have one? I love mine.

sorry didn't proof this, hope not too many typos or sentences that didn't make perfect sense.

projulie
Answered
(0) Hearts

Hi,

I definitely agree with everyone above and finding the balance within your own skin can be a process.

Quick question, when you're using your medicated skincare products does it dry your skin initially and then throughout the day you feel really oily? Or is it always feeling moist?

If you feel dry initially, then perhaps changing your cleanser will help to a more of a milky texture. When your skin is inititally tight, your skin will try to over produce to balance you out, but in actuality it makes you oily throughout the day. Now, if you feel your skin is hydrated then for sure a mattifying moisturizer will be best.

Peter Thomas Roth Clini-Matte All Day Oil-Control SPF 25

Peter Thomas Roth - Clini-Matte All Day Oil-Control SPF 20http://www.sephora.com/product/productDetail.jsp?skuId=1272806&productId=P266203&keyword=PETER%20THO...

Dermadoctor Ain't Misbehavin' Skin Clarifying & Matifying SPF 30 P+++

Dermadoctor - Ain't Misbehavin' Skin Clarifying & Mattifying Sunscreen SPF 30 P+++

http://www.sephora.com/ain-t-misbehavin-skin-clarifying-mattifying-sunscreen-spf-30-p-P210823?skuId=...

Private message me if you have more questions.

Question Stats
  • 5 answers
  • 3 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • cherrybombtastic
    • maryyy1989
    • kssweetheart
    • projulie
    • babybear04
    • christameff
Photos1
  • murad's oil-control moist..jpg