Answer
saeng
HELP with very oily skin!!
(0) Hearts

I am looking for ideas/recommendations for my very oily skin!  I want to find out the best prodcuts to use for skin care, moisturizing, priming, makeup, and possibly even a finishing spray if it would work.  By the end of the day, my face is SO oily!!  All of my makeup looks terrible!!!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 4
beautylovingirl
Answered
(0) Hearts

Murad products will definitely get your skin under control and calm your oily skin , Try the hourglass mineral veil and the Hourglass immaculate liquid powder oil free foundation. Hope this helps!

jennypenny1995
Answered
(0) Hearts

Trust me, after years of searching brand after brand, I found what truly does what it should.  I now use Murad's Time Release Cleanser and Age-Fighting Moisturzer for daytime but change to their Vitamin C cleanser and night cream before bed.  For foundation, I ADORE Tarte's 12-Hour Foundation, and I use Tarte's BB Tinted Treatment underneath when I want/need a tad more coverage or a more flawless, made-up look.  Neither brands test on animals, either.  To set my foundation, I lightly dust Tarte's Finishing Powder on, and, even after 6+ hours of hard work as a nurse, I never need blotting papers or powder reapplied anymore!

lylysa
Answered
(0) Hearts

What products do you currently use/have you tried?

Are there any sensitivities or allergies you have? Do you have any preferences for or against items without parabens, fragrances, etc.?

lylysa
Answered
(0) Hearts

Estee Lauder's products can be quite heavy on the skin, and since you're combating oil, that can add to the issue.

Try looking into Boscia's Black Detoxing line:

Little Black Book

http://www.sephora.com/little-black-book-P376056?skuId=1454974

The products have a very light consistancy as to not make your skin feel heavy or add any greasy or oiliness.

The face wash is a gel based cleanser that breaks down oil quicker than a cream based wash, the No Pores No Shine Treatment mattifies and minimizes the look of pores which can often go hand in hand with oily skin, the Lumizing Mask will draw out excess oil and sebum along with impurities to clarify skin and uses vitamin C to restore luminocity, and the Black Hydration Gel is a light weight moisturizer that will infuse heavy moisture to your skin without any heavy or thick film or make you feel like you have a cream layered on.

The line is packed with skin nourishing ingredients like jojoba leaf extract to calm and soothe, willow bark to rid skin of bacteria and dirt, and charcoal to control sebum/oil production while drawing out impurities.

I do recommend using a day lotion with SPF, try Murad's Oil Control Mattifier SPF 15 or Peter Thomas Roth's Clini Matte SPF 20. The Murad one feels thicker like glue at first, but once absorbed it's not heavy and really kicks serious butt in mattifying skin instantly and controlling oil production. The PTR one is ligher in texture, has a higher SPF factor, and also mattifies skin.

Oil-Control Mattifier SPF 15Clini-Matte All Day Oil-Control SPF 20

Try looking into those products first, and if you're still combating oil, try a mattifying balm to layer over your lotion like PTR's Mattifying Gel or Urban Decay's DeSlick in a Tube. You can also use a mattifying primer over moisturizer and under your foundation to prolong the wear of make up and control oil with Benefit's Porefessional or Givenchy's Mister Mat. An additional tool is Urban Decay's setting spray in DeSlick, which is a mattifying spray that helps lock on make up from elements such as oil, sweat, and environmental/external factors.

Though the Murad products Jennypenny mentioned below are great items, they're more geared for acne prone skin that deals with oil and aging factors rather than mainly oil initially.

The Tarte foundation with Amazonian Clay she mentioned is also something you can look into as it's a gentle formula with natural mineral pigments, uses Amazonian Clay to mattify and control shine, but is also packed with beneficial ingredients like sodium hyaluronate which binds healthy, and much needed moisture to the skin as to not dry it out and keep it balanced.

Question Stats
  • 4 answers
  • 0 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • jennypenny1995
    • lylysa
    • beautylovingirl
    • saeng