Answer
sedwards
CRUCIAL!! BEST SUNSCREEN
(0) Hearts

I am search of a sunscreen that is the best for very oily acne prone skin, with a high SPF skin benefits and I can wear daily with my primer and foundation?

This is important to me for many reasons. Skin cancer runs in the family and I am trying to prevent any hyperpigmentation from getting worst.:smileytongue:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 9
leolady13
Answered
(0) Hearts

I highly recommend Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 30. So far that product works fine on my oily skin and it works well under makeup. Dries out quick and it might feel a bit too dry at first but that feeling last for a while so you won't see any shiny areas on your face :smileywink:

oliviabt
Answered
(0) Hearts

@Sedwards, Check out Kate Sommerville’s Protect SPF 55 Serum Sunscreen. The formula is oil-free, non-greasy, and wears beautifully under makeup.

XO,
Olivia
akmik
Answered
(0) Hearts

Try Peter Thomas Roth's Uber-Dry Sunscreen SPF 30.  I also have very oily and acne-prone skin and this is the best sunscreen I have ever tried on my face.  It seems like regular sunscreen at first, but once you apply and give it a minute it will sink into your skin very nicely and leave a smooth finish.  It may be expensive for sunscreen, but if you plan on using it just for your face it will last a long time.

selsima
Answered
(0) Hearts

You should try one of the Aveeno products. My skin is the same way and their products work great for me.

katie1724
Answered
(0) Hearts

It's great that you're concerned about the sun! A daily SPF that works wonderfully under primers and makeup is Neutrogena's Ultra Sheer Liquid Daily Sunblock SPF 70. It's lightweight, not at all oily or greasy, and it's actually meant to be worn under makeup, etc., so it provides a good, protective base.

In terms of a Sephora product, I like DDF Weightless Defense UV Moisturizer SPF 45 -- this is a good lightweight combination moisturizer / sunscreen that will (most likely) not disturb your skin or aggravate breakouts.

:smileyhappy:

glassgirl
Answered
(0) Hearts

For oily / acne prone skin, go oil-free with either a true sunblock, a tinted moisturizer or foundation with SPF...and use a mineral powder with SPF over the top.  I think it's nice if you can combine your sunblock, moisturizer and foundation in one product to keep your a.m. routine to a minimum...but often TMs and foundations don't have as high an SPF as a true sunblock.  Many mineral powders have an SPF 15 but something higher than that for you would be good.  Make sure you're using at least an SPF 30 for your "potential skin cancer" concerns.  A sunblock option might be Clinique Super City Block Oil-free Daily Face Protector SPF 40 under your current foundation.  Or Lorac ProtecTINT Oil-free Tinted Moisturizer SPF 30 is nice and you could consider Peter Thomas Roth OIly Problem Skin Instant Mineral SPF 30 powder over the top.  Go to Sephora and ask for a 3-4 day sample size to take home and try...see what works best for you in terms of oil control, breakout control, and makeup coverage. 

Hope that helps.

brownie123
Answered
(0) Hearts

I really enjoy the Cetaphil daily moisturizer with spf 15-  It is really light and also works well as a base for my makeup...

tifnics
Answered
(0) Hearts

Philosophy's Hope Oil Free SPF 30 Moisturizer is amazing! It also contains antioxidants which is must against the harsh environment.

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P261132&categoryId=B70

edgethebeauty
Answered
(0) Hearts

I have oily skin and I find that Lavanila spf 40 works great for me.  I wear it under powder foundation.  

It's natural and has natural ingredients- including zinc oxide which is the best protection.

Using BareEscentuals Mineral Veil spf 25 as the last step in my routine not only helps with oil control, but adds extra protection (and again- physical protection, not chemical).

Question Stats
  • 9 answers
  • 0 hearts
  • 10 in conversation
    • oliviabt
    • katie1724
    • glassgirl
    • sedwards
    • tifnics
    • selsima
    • akmik
    • edgethebeauty