Best products to control and hide oily skin, i am getting married next summer!
I have extremely oily skin, what are the best product to control and hide my oily skin? I am getting married next summer, i want to look perfect!!!!
Hi nicole0825!!! I have oily skin and I have been using this product to help me out: Bosca's No Pores No Shine T-Zone Treatment. This stuff is "a treatment that reduces the appearance of pores and mattifies oil." This stuff really works! It's available at Sephora Stores and sephora.com at this link: http://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P294212
Hope I helped
Use a compacted powder and a nice brush if you can spend money on it I would go to sephora or Nordstrom or just go to a drugstore, that works too! Also use ALL oil free products! Getting a good face wash that removes oil. Maybe Biore might be good for face washes.
I have very oily skin as well u definetly need a good oil controlling/oil free primer i use Philosophy the present which does wonders its a great product and a little goes along way also urban decay de-slick for touch ups is great its a rice powder so its made to absorb oil hope this helps
Answered[ Edited ]
Sonya® is the essence of more than just beauty: it is an expression of rejuvenation, admiration and love. Our collection’s formulation of ingredients including aloe vera, fruit extracts, white tea and superior moisturizers give back to your skin. They help to rejuvenate and moisturize your skin like never before.
The Sonya® Skin Care Collection contains five fundamental elements for cleansing, moisturizing, and maintaining overall skin condition and appearance. Aloe Purifying Cleanser, Aloe Refreshing Toner, Aloe Nourishing Serum, Aloe Balancing Cream, and Aloe Deep-Cleansing Exfoliator work together to leave your skin looking fresh and radiant. Indulge in this five-step process, and treat your skin to the luxury it deserves!
- Cleanse twice daily with Aloe Purifying Cleanser.
- Tone and freshen twice daily with Aloe Refreshing Toner.
- Apply Aloe Nourishing Serum twice daily.
- Apply Aloe Balancing Cream twice daily.
- Exfoliate approximately 2 times weekly with Aloe Deep-Cleansing Exfoliator.
The Sonya® Aloe Skin Care Kit includes:
- Aloe Purifying Cleanser
- Aloe Refreshing Toner
- Aloe Nourishing Serum
- Aloe Balancing Cream
- Aloe Deep-Cleansing Exfoliator
- (Products also sold separately.)
Try Murad Oil-Control Mattifier SPF 15, it is to be applied before makeup. And through-out the day use the blotting papers, Not your hands! Congratulations and hope you have a wonderful wedding day!
I'm sure you will test drive these recommendations before the big day, but I wanted to let you know that I have ridiculously oily skin and the UD De-slick in a tube did nothing to control the oil for me. It even feels kind of greasy going on before it dries. I would try the powder from UD that tenngal suggested. I really love their makeup and eye primer, but this was a dud for me. Good luck and years of happiness to you!
I have very oily skin, too, so I understand what you're going through. The best way to help control oiliness is to use an oil-controlling primer. Honestly, you’ll be amazed at how it'll make all the difference in the world in how your foundation goes on smoother, looks more even and how it helps it to last all day. The best oil-controlling foundation primers that I have ever used to stop my oiliness from breaking through are the following two. By the way, both are equally as good in quality but they do vary in price:
1) Make Up For Ever All Mat Foundation Primer is an oil-free foundation primer designed to remove shine with long lasting results. Mattifying powders absorb any excess sebum (oil) and prepares your skin to help your makeup stay looking fresh all day. The silicone gel base, with its cotton-soft texture, leaves your skin matte and velvety. It is recommended for normal to oily skin. It is non-greasy, oil-free and you can find it here: http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P16
2) Givenchy Mister Mat Mattifying Foundation Primer is a soft, mattifying, powder-gel skin primer that can be used alone or under makeup to make your skin velvety smooth. The lightweight fluid softens and moisturizes with silicone gum extracts; and plant extracts work to control sebum (oil) production, which provides a long-lasting matte effect that remains light enough to still let your skin breathe. It contains subtle light-blue pearlescent shimmers that counteract a dull look and minimize the appearance of large pores, leaving your skin looking bright, glowing and healthy. You can find it here: http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P23
Just in case you're also interested in a good oil-controlling foundation and oil-controlling setting and mattifying powder, I have listed information on both below, as well:
A fantastic foundation for oily skin is Make Up For Ever All Mat + Mattifying Foundation. It’s a shine controlling, oil-free, water-resistant, complete coverage liquid foundation that hides imperfections, evens out skin tone, and mattifies with a non-oily, perfectly powdered finish. The result is flawless and lasts for hours. Although this foundation provides full coverage, the end result is completely adjustable to fit your needs (a little goes a long way). You can find it here: http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P17
You can use Make Up For Ever’s “Foundation Shade Finder” tool to help you choose the correct shade to match your skin tone. You can access it here: http://www.sephora.com/browse/brand_hierarchy.jhtm
Also, I would recommend setting your foundation with Urban Decay’s De-Slick Mattifying Powder which is a colorless, shine-controlling powder that comes in a handy mirrored compact so you can carry it with you for touchups throughout the day. You can find it at: http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P21
Hope this helps!
Have a great day!