Answer
nicole0825
Best products to control and hide oily skin, i am getting married next summer!

I have extremely oily skin, what are the best product to control and hide my oily skin? I am getting married next summer, i want to look perfect!!!!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 11
beautynbrains10
Answered

Use a compacted powder and a nice brush if you can spend money on it I would go to sephora or Nordstrom or just go to a drugstore, that works too! Also use ALL oil free products! Getting a good face wash that removes oil. Maybe Biore might be good for face washes.

os98luv2shop
Answered

Hi nicole0825!!! I have oily skin and I have been using this product to help me out: Bosca's No Pores No Shine T-Zone Treatment. This stuff is  "a treatment that reduces the appearance of pores and mattifies oil." This stuff really works! It's available at Sephora Stores and sephora.com at this link: http://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P294212&categoryId=B70 The price is $36, which is a little pricey but well worth it!!!

Hope I helped :smileyhappy:

os98luv2shop

emmy13121
Answered

I recently purchased Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer Light.  It is for oily skin and it works wonders!  My face stays shine/oil free all day. 

anaa
Answered
(0) Hearts

I'm sure you will test drive these recommendations before the big day, but I wanted to let you know that I have ridiculously oily skin and the UD De-slick in a tube did nothing to control the oil for me.  It even feels kind of greasy going on before it dries.  I would try the powder from UD that tenngal suggested.  I really love their makeup and eye primer, but this was a dud for me.  Good luck and years of happiness to you!

iamjess03
Answered
(0) Hearts
Use urban decays de slick in a tube primer, it's amazing! Check out beautypedia.com who also said this product does what it claims. Then make up for Evers matte powder is great too, and the. Use urban decays de slick setting spray and carry blot papers everywhere.
Litho1989
Answered
(0) Hearts

Seban Liquid. It's THE BEST oil contol product I have EVER used!!!! It can be purchased at www.cooperlabs.com

leedee13
Answered
(0) Hearts

I have very oily skin as well u definetly need a good oil controlling/oil free primer i use Philosophy the present which does wonders its a great product and a little goes along way also urban decay de-slick for touch ups is great its a rice powder so its made to absorb oil hope this helps :smileyhappy:

tenngal
Answered
(0) Hearts

I have very oily skin, too, so I understand what you're going through.  The best way to help control oiliness is to use an oil-controlling primer.  Honestly, you’ll be amazed at how it'll make all the difference in the world in how your foundation goes on smoother, looks more even and how it helps it to last all day.  The best oil-controlling foundation primers that I have ever used to stop my oiliness from breaking through are the following two.  By the way, both are equally as good in quality but they do vary in price:

1) Make Up For Ever All Mat Foundation Primer is an oil-free foundation primer designed to remove shine with long lasting results.  Mattifying powders absorb any excess sebum (oil) and prepares your skin to help your makeup stay looking fresh all day. The silicone gel base, with its cotton-soft texture, leaves your skin matte and velvety.  It is recommended for normal to oily skin.  It is non-greasy, oil-free and you can find it here:  http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P169809&categoryId=B70

2) Givenchy Mister Mat Mattifying Foundation Primer
is a soft, mattifying, powder-gel skin primer that can be used alone or under makeup to make your skin velvety smooth. The lightweight fluid softens and moisturizes with silicone gum extracts; and plant extracts work to control sebum (oil) production, which provides a long-lasting matte effect that remains light enough to still let your skin breathe.  It contains subtle light-blue pearlescent shimmers that counteract a dull look and minimize the appearance of large pores, leaving your skin looking bright, glowing and healthy.  You can find it here:  http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P231022&categoryId=B70  

Just in case you're also interested in a good oil-controlling foundation and oil-controlling setting and mattifying powder, I have listed information on both below, as well:

A fantastic foundation for oily skin is Make Up For Ever All Mat + Mattifying Foundation.  It’s a shine controlling, oil-free, water-resistant, complete coverage liquid foundation that hides imperfections, evens out skin tone, and mattifies with a non-oily, perfectly powdered finish.  The result is flawless and lasts for hours.  Although this foundation provides full coverage, the end result is completely adjustable to fit your needs (a little goes a long way).  You can find it here:  http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P177117&categoryId=B70

You can use Make Up For Ever’s “Foundation Shade Finder” tool to help you choose the correct shade to match your skin tone.  You can access it here:  http://www.sephora.com/browse/brand_hierarchy.jhtml?brandId=MAKE%20UP%20FOR%20EVER&contentId=C19212

Also, I would recommend setting your foundation with Urban Decay’s De-Slick Mattifying Powder which is a colorless, shine-controlling powder that comes in a handy mirrored compact so you can carry it with you for touchups throughout the day.  You can find it at:  http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P210592&categoryId=B70.  The little puff that comes in the compact is great for touchups, but I’d recommend applying the powder with a big fluffy powder brush when first setting your foundation to give your face a nice air-brushed finish.  Here’s an example of the type of brush I’m referring to:  http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P183725&categoryId=B70.  A little tip I learned is to keep the little piece of plastic that comes between the puff and the powder so that you’ll have a barrier between the two so the oils that come off your skin onto the puff won’t sink into the powder—it helps the powder stay clean and fresh.

Hope this helps!
Have a great day!
tenngal :smileyhappy:

ialli
Answered
(0) Hearts

I have very oily skin, and I swear by oil-blotting sheets.  They're available in drugstores and at Sephora.  They don't smudge your makeup and they remove all the shine!

alohagirl73
Answered
(0) Hearts

Try Murad Oil-Control Mattifier SPF 15, it is to be applied before makeup.  And through-out the day use the blotting papers, Not your hands!  Congratulations and hope you have a wonderful wedding day! 

http://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P227801&categoryId=C22400&shouldPaginate=true

Phoenixib
Answered
[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Sonya® is the essence of more than just beauty: it is an expression of rejuvenation, admiration and love. Our collection’s formulation of ingredients including aloe vera, fruit extracts, white tea and superior moisturizers give back to your skin. They help to rejuvenate and moisturize your skin like never before.

The Sonya® Skin Care Collection contains five fundamental elements for cleansing, moisturizing, and maintaining overall skin condition and appearance. Aloe Purifying Cleanser, Aloe Refreshing Toner, Aloe Nourishing Serum, Aloe Balancing Cream, and Aloe Deep-Cleansing Exfoliator work together to leave your skin looking fresh and radiant. Indulge in this five-step process, and treat your skin to the luxury it deserves!

DIRECTIONS 

• Cleanse twice daily with Aloe Purifying Cleanser. 
  • Tone and freshen twice daily with Aloe Refreshing Toner. 
  • Apply Aloe Nourishing Serum twice daily. 
  • Apply Aloe Balancing Cream twice daily. 
  • Exfoliate approximately 2 times weekly with Aloe Deep-Cleansing Exfoliator.

The Sonya® Aloe Skin Care Kit includes: 

• Aloe Purifying Cleanser
  • Aloe Refreshing Toner
  • Aloe Nourishing Serum
  • Aloe Balancing Cream
  • Aloe Deep-Cleansing Exfoliator
  • (Products also sold separately.)

Question Stats
  • 11 answers
  • 6 hearts
  • 12 in conversation
    • tenngal