Answer
kaylauna
A Gentle Morning Cleanser?

Hi hi!!

I am looking for a good, gentle morning cleanser.  I was using Boscia's Soothing Cleansing Cream, but Sephora has discontinued carrying it, and I am looking for a good alternative.

I have 30-something skin.

At night, I use my Clarisonic with Murad's AHA/BHA Exfoliating Cleanser.  I use Boscia's Balancing Facial Tonic and Boscia's Oil-Free Nighttime Hydration.  Two to three nights a week I also use Philosophy's When Hope Is Not Enough (Vitamin C) and Philosophy's Help Me (Retinol).  Once a week, I use Kate Somerville's ExfoliKate.

In the morning, I was using Boscia's Soothing Cleansing Cream without my Clarisonic, Boscia's Balancing Facial Tonic and Boscia's Oil-Free Day Hydration SPF15.  Then my makeup routine as normal.

So, any suggestions to replace the Boscia Soothing Cleansing Cream?  I know I can buy it off Bosica's website, but I would prefer to make my purchases from Sephora.

Thanks!!!  :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 4
ChicDabbler
Answered
[ Edited ]

Oh, first thing I noticed. If you are using a retinol at night, you might want to use moisturizer with SPF30 or more instead of SPF15 the next day or two. Retinol causes sun sensitivity, and if no proper SPF precaution is taken, can actually expose skin to more damage.

What type of skin do you have? Fresh Soy and Boscia cleanser are comparable, both very gentle gel cleanser great for dry/combo/sensitive skin. I'm currently using Clarins gentle foaming cleanser and I love it! Seriously you just need a pinky nail amount and it produce plenty of lather for the whole face. Philosophy Purity cleanser actually makes my skin a tad dry (I have combo). If you have oily skin, you probably need a cleanser in the morning. Otherwise it's totally fine to skip it. The reason why you need to be diligent at night is because you've got all the pore clogging and aging dirt/oil/grody stuff from being out and about, and night is when your body repairs itself and absorb stuff the most. In the morning, however, the only thing on your face is your natural skin oil, which is actually good for you, and some serum/moisturizers are 24hrs. Instead of a whole system in the morning, I actually just rinse/wipe with water/towel, then apply a SPF moisturizer. There's no difference in oil or acne for my combo skin whether I use cleanser or not in the morning. Instead of cleanser and toner, you can try one of the no-rinse cleansing water (Caudalie have an awesome one).

lylysa
Answered
[ Edited ]

If you want something creamy, try Philosphy's Purity Made Simple. It can also do the job as a make up remover (can be used with or without water), toner, brush cleaner, and clarifying shampoo!

My current morning cleanser is Anthony Logistics Glycolic face wash! It's a creamy gel wash that brightens and gently exfoliates and is super refreshing! It has a light citrus scent and never dries out my skin!

emmielou
Answered
[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I would also recommend the Fresh soy cleanser. It's one of the cleansers I use and I really love it. I have oily and sensitive skin, and I switched to this cleanser after using the sample sizes while traveling. 

I also really love Soap & Glory's Fab Pore Hot Cloth cleanser, but I usually use that at night to remove makeup. It's super gentle, gives you a mini-facial, and makes your skin feel really soft. 

princesa7
Answered
(0) Hearts
I was using a Boscia cleanser as well and have found Fresh Soy Face Cleanser to be an excellent alternative. It can be used for all skin types, gently cleansing both face and eyes. I really like it not only has soy proteins, but it also has rose water and cucumber extract. You can always ask for a sample ad try it for a few days before deciding to buy it.
Question Stats
  • 4 answers
  • 4 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • emmielou
    • princesa7
    • lylysa
    • ChicDabbler
    • kaylauna