mychoi

trouble with your agave lip mask?

I just thought about it, and these tubes are kind of like the aluminum paint tube oil paint comes in.  So if you want to sqeeze every last drop of product out of your HG, i suggest you invest in one of these

upload_7829145163639158061.jpg

called tube wringers or tube squeezers lol

i haven't gotten my lip mask yet, but I know regular plastic toothpaste squeezers don't cut it for my oil paint tubes.  

just so you ladies know :smileywink:

spacesuit

Re: trouble with your agave lip mask?

Everyone be careful with these tubes as much as possible! I've read at least one makeup blogger reporting that the tube ripped while trying to get the mask to come out, which really speaks to the poor product design choices that went into the packaging. Like, let's put this really thick substance into a container that doesn't stand up to being squeezed hard enough to get the product to come out. :smileyvery-happy:

ContentlyKayKay

(0) Hearts

I punctured a hole in mine on the 2nd or 3rd use from squeezing and my nail slipped and cut it lol. So I definitely believe the bloggers. I had to put it in a ziplock!

ContentlyKayKay

I know this isn't what the topic is about but it kinda fits. But has anyone reacted to the lip mask? I've never had a reaction to a lip product, but after a couple uses, two bumps (sores?) popped up on the inner corners of my mouth, which I've never gotten before. I stopped using and sure enough they went away. I wanted to try again and maybe use less.. but concerned. SUCKS because I love the way they make my lips feel. I don't know if this is gross to post. Sorry. :smileysad:

annec322

Wow, that genuinely sucks!  I have sensitivity issues as well, but this particular product didn't irritate me and I've been using it for three weeks.  Sorry to hear about that :smileysad:

evno

Yay, I'm not alone! It takes me almost a full 2 minutes to work out enough for my lips. If the formula is that solid, maybe it should be in a stick, like lip balm. Or even a jar would be better delivery.

quotidianus

[ Edited ]

So clever, mychoi!  Thanks for the share.  I'm amazed how hard it is to squidge product out.  Either change the packaging or put a key in it!  My parents had one for toothpaste (it was made by Tiffany's, weirdly enough ... my dad found it at a thrift store).  L'Occitane actually makes one, and you can find others online easily.  I think the stand is a great idea to accompany the key I have in by bag.

tube key.jpg

ilovebears

Ooh.  I might need to get one of these for my L'Occitane hand creams (the big size!)...

spoiledbrat

It does come out of the tube easier if you keep it in your pocket. Hopefully they will change the tube soon. At this price point I want all of the product for my money.

mafan

Okay, I think that if we need something this heavy duty, they need to fix the tube. (The nice part of my SiJCP was I got a sample and the SA had a huge struggle with the tub.  But her thought was "yea, they'll fix that")

That said, I expect to use my less industrial strength tube crimp on this when it arrives.  (Crabtree and Evelyn has a nice one that is out of stock right now. If you have one, keep it because it might be useful 

ilovebears

(0) Hearts

Ahh do you have a link to the Crabtree & Evelyn one so I can stalk it? :smileyhappy:  Is it pretty? :smileyvery-happy:

shortstuff07

Heat also helps.  My little doggie fell asleep on top of it, and it does come out surprisingly easier.  :smileywink:

mychoi

hmm

"oh phoeeeeebeeeeeeeeeee"

:smileyhappy:

shortstuff07

Professor FuzzyBottom was not impressed.  1380156_10151866085478991_1753665615_n.jpg

quotidianus

(0) Hearts

Is that his name, or just an honorary title?  Either way, entirely adorable, just like your little one!

mychoi

i swear you have the cutest yorkies! I've never been a yorkie/maltese kinda person but i love their haircuts x)

shortstuff07

I tend to agree with that! :smileyvery-happy:   We prefer the puppy cuts as they only need a couple a year that way, we can let them grow longer.  They both need them again, maybe they'll let me bust out the trimmers and I can save $120. :smileyhappy:

mychoi

(0) Hearts

wowee. i hope they know you love them! lol

spoiledbrat

great idea, but it needs to be repackaged in a plastic tube

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 18 replies
  • 39 hearts