jaimelove

so...

it's my birthday today :smileyhappy:

my boyfriend is cranky, my big kid is moody and i'm babysitting. i kind of want to bury myself in blankets and hide in my bed for the rest of the day lol.

hey, i still get a free coffee from starbucks at least, right? :smileywink: 

mlinrin

Re: so...

Happy belated birthday!

AznAngelLiz

(0) Hearts

Happy belated Jaime!! I'm glad your day ended better than it started :smileyvery-happy:

WhereYouStand

happy-birthday-wishes-desktop-wallpaper.jpg

MoreGun89

Happy belated Jaime!  I hope your day improved :smileyvery-happy:

bombshell30

Happy belated birthday Jaimelove! Sorry I missed it on the day- I've been working a lot. Hope you get at least one day this week that's as wonderful as you are! 

MermaidBarbie

Happy birthday! :smileyhappy:

jaimelove

thanks for all of the birthday love, ladies :smileyhappy: i am feeling much better now that i've eaten and gotten out of the house a little! 

i did go to marshall's, but didn't really find anything i was interested in so that was a bust. oh well, i'll check again another time :smileyhappy: i did snag a mini perfume for $3 so it wasn't a total loss :smileyhappy:

dinner was soooo good. we made spinach tortellini with pesto sauce, salad with cranberries and goat cheese and a pomegranate vinegarette and sourdough garlic bread :smileyhappy: and steve even did most of the work! i made the vinegarette and sliced/buttered the bread and steve did the rest :smileyhappy: 

have you seen that ecard that says something like "i'm sorry for the things i said out of hunger"? that's pretty much me to a T lol. i always feel better with food in my tummy :smileywink: 

steve has mellowed out, carli is busy secretly crafting away in her bedroom, the kid i am babysitting is making me crazy, but as soon as we are done with cupcakes and cocoa she is going to bed with the rest of the kids! 

i'll just do as someone suggested and celebrate some time after christmas when things have settled down and everyone is in better moods :smileyhappy: 

bfuller

Aww,  H-a-P-p-Y  B-i-R-t-H-d-A-y  jaimelove!  May your special day be greatly blessed and filled with happy memories!!  <3

upload_4498066829588897236.jpg

linda711

17692.jpg

Happy Birthday!  You can always celebrate tomorrow:smileywink:

spacesuit

upload_4609840044272048137.jpg

Happy birthday, I hope your day's gotten better! And if not, you can always "postpone" your birthday celebration to another day that's a little less stressful :smileyhappy:

mafan

Oh, happy birthday!  I hope dinner turned out well.  And no, 35 is definitely not too old to celebrate a birthday.  I turned 50 this year and celebrated in my own, quiet way.  One sister suggested bringing a cake for me on Thanksgiving (my birthday is Dec 6) and my other sister (the Thanksgiving host) reminded her that I was going to be 50 and we should do something a little bit more.

pearlgirl7

Happy Birthday!! 

glossyguru

Happy Birthday Jaime! I hope your day turned out well :smileyhappy:

BlushHoarder

Hoping the rest of your birthday turns around.

And hey, the Starbucks drink is pretty awesome. (I suggest the Pumpkin Spice Latte/Frap or the Cinnamon Dulce Latte/Frap.

jaimelove

i love the psl! i'm partial to the eggnog latte this time of year though :smileyhappy:

last year they had a cranberry latte in a few locations and i pretty much lived on that one while i was in the hospital with my son during his surgery... they had a starbucks in the lobby of the children's hospital and some of my friends were kind enough to sneak behind my back and send me starbucks ecards for the week while i was there! i had i think about $150 in gift cards by the time they were all done. it was amaziing and so very generious :smileyhappy: i hit gold in i think 9 days haha. 

i skipped my free starbucks today (gasp!) but i'll grab one on sunday, possibly christmas day. does it count as going to a store on christmas if i just go through a drive through? my papap was so against going to stores on the three big holidays that i feel a stupendous amount of guilt when i do lol. 

oklady2013

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!thbeautifulroses4ablady.gif

PoesRevy

Untitled1BDAY.gif

carolang

Woohoo! It's my birthday too!

There is definitely pressure to make today special... But sometimis that's not how it works, hopefully the rest of the day goes better! As for me... Its bed time!

jaimelove

happy birthday! 

i think this is just one of those things that those of us with birthdays this close to christmas have to deal with. you'd think i'd be used to it by  now lol. 

mafan

No, you never get used to it.  Even early December is a lousy time for a birthday.  People are just too stressed out about everything from finals to Christmas.

Just remember you're special and people love you; they're just cranky because everyone is cranky right now and they're not wise enough to know how to turn it off for a day, sigh.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 45 replies
  • 149 hearts
  • 35 in conversation
    • daisies121
    • prettyinpa
    • anaa
    • spoiledbrat
    • pearlgirl7
    • kimmi1115