laurennnlove

salon services at ultra

[ Edited ]

has anyone ever gotten a salon service at ulta before?  such as the hair cuts or styles, facials, etc.  I'm just curious about how people feel about them because their prices aren't bad compared to some high end salons.  

p.s. autocorrect changed ULTA to ultra. haha so sorry about this! I realized it after i posted it!

MikuNerd65

Re: salon services at ultra

(0) Hearts

It's been a while....Yes and it was for graduation (HS)  I really didn't know how to use make-up so my aunt took me to Ulta and I had a makeover done. It was pretty nice, I know I came out smiling.  I don't think we paid since neither one of us wanted too. So we came in...and told what to use on my face... and then left.

annypoo

[ Edited ]

i usually only go when they're having a promo (sometimes they send coupons or have a cut and color promo). The service is alright, it depends on who you get. I've gotten stylist that are nice and I've gotten stylist that seem snobby. I've found other places that I can go that are less pricey but do the same job, if not better. I live in a city where salons are abundant so going to Ulta for my hair is not necessary. 

bearcat97

I've gone there a couple of times. The stylist I saw was fine, but it was weird for me to be sitting where anyone shopping in the store could watch me. Not a fan of that part. But the lady who cut my hair was nice and she gave me some pretty great stuff on one of my visits (including a new round brush).

kalex

Ulta is the only place I've been going to for cut, color, and brows for the last couple of years.  Like any salon though it can take awhile to find a stylist or brow gal that you like.

I had a couple of "meh" experiences and one bad (one new girl really botched my bangs) before I found my current stylist. I posted a few months back when she didn't get my color right and I wasn't sure how to tip for the free re-do, but other than that she's always done great.  

Londonlover101

@pipsqueek1582 this never ceases to amaze me. people! you work at ulta leave people alone who did not need/ask for help. and the fact she CHARGED you 60$ for a COMPLIMENTARY facial???!!!!! oh honey that makes me really mad, im so sorry fro your inconveniences. :smileysad:

pipsqueek1582

I got mad about it all over again when I posted that....three years later and it still makes me mad....and I'm not one to hold grudges by an means!!!

pipsqueek1582

Worst experience ever there. I will never go back! My sisters n I were out for a day doing some shopping and getting body wraps and stuff done...just having a girls day. We made a quick stop at Ulta because we had about half an hour before our appointments. I knew exactly what I needed, so I went in to grab my Philosophy stuff. This salon gal must have been bored. She followed us around and kept telling us she would love to do a complimentary facial for one of us. We all said no, we were in a hurry and we had a lot of stuff to do that day. But she wouldn't give up and we were all getting annoyed! She said "I can do a quick facial in about 10 minutes, please?" So I said "if I let you will you leave us alone?" Of course. So I sat down in the chair, told her I have super sensitive skin and nothing harsh! She proceeded with the worst microdermabrasion procedure ever! It hurt so bad I had to tell her to stop. She didn't. And as she's going on with this "facial' she randomly says in a very loud voice "we have an over exfoliater here, she needs a lot of help." Geeze...thanks for announcing that to the world...and why are you exfoliating if I already do that too much? She finally finished, well after our appointments were supposed to have started, handed me a box of Dermalogica stuff and said I needed it. My face hurt so bad and I looked in the mirror. It was all red and puffy and horrible! And I had no make up . I told her she needed to put some sort if make up on to cover up this mess. She said no make up for 24 hours as my face had just experienced a lot and it was very sensitive. No kidding! It hurts and looks like he**! And I have to go the rest of the day with no make up. Ugh!!! Then she told me to go over to the counter where she handed me a bill for $60. I just about passed out....ummm....complimentary facial? I paid the **bleep** bill and left. After I calmed down, I called to speak with management and left messages with no return calls ( for a month afterwards!) I finally gave up, but will never go back and I refuse to use Dermalogica to this day. In addition, she made some other rude and degrading comments while giving me my "facial". Afterwards, my sister said "remind me to never come back here!" She had heard and seen it all...along with several other customers.  Horrible! But thankfully that was not the Ulta that I normally go to!

shoppiturt

(0) Hearts

That sounds horrifying! I wouldn't have paid her - no wonder she was hounding you guys! $$$ and she sounds like she was a **bleep**. :/

jaimelove

i have and i loved it :smileyhappy: 

hair.jpg

cut and color were done at ulta, the style at a b&b event in seattle :smileyhappy:

DandyLionFluff

Jamie, your hair looks so pretty.

jaimelove

(0) Hearts

thank you :smileyhappy: 

i am getting it done soon(ish) and keep thinking i'll do something different, and then i see this picture and kind of want to do this all over again haha. 

laurennnlove

oh wow you're hair looks great! i wish my hair would do that! haha

jaimelove

(0) Hearts

this is the only time anyone has ever managed to get my hair to hold a curl! i was so impressed i bought the bumble and bumble spray de mode the next day haha. 

annnnnd have not used it since. because i can't curl my hair with my bad arm! (plus i don't own a curling iron...) LOL

sdbeautyjunkie1

• I have, the girl did an amazing job. I will totally go back! 
laurennnlove

(0) Hearts

im so sorry to hear that you had bad experiences girls! :smileysad: If you don't mind me asking, or if you would rather PM this information, or not at all thats okay.  but what was the location or state of the stores that you went into.  just so i (and other BTers) can avoid those stores! haha

Manda

I haven't but I know someone who did and boy, they did a horrible job.  She has a natural wave to her hair and the lady ruined it.  She wanted light layers - she did what she asked for but they weren't even blended.  It looked like she has a mushroom on her head.

princesskat17

A couple months ago they had a deal for highlights, haircut and style so I got that done. Honestly it was a pretty good haircut and comparable to other high end salons I have been to. I had never gotten highlights before and I was happy with that as well. They look very natural.

But...omg I just really need to rant about this. I will never go back to the Ulta salon because the woman that cut my hair was by far THE RUDEST hair stylist I have ever had!! I could tell she was judging me hardcore and thought I took terrible care of my hair. I have super thick hair and she just didn't know how to deal with it. Like, she literally could barely brush it out. My hair always takes extra time to get cut and I usually tip very well because of that.

I really hope this isn't the norm there because otherwise it would have been a great haircut experience.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 17 replies
  • 23 hearts
  • 13 in conversation
    • kalex
    • Manda
    • princesskat17
    • jaimelove
    • DandyLionFluff
    • Londonlover101